News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Sexual Orientation?

Started by Alexander, March 01, 2011, 11:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihateyoumike

Untarnished record of staunch heterosexuality.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

EssejSllim

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"95% straight.

I third this, though I clicked bisexual/pansexual just to be cool.  :D
"How terrible [the theory of evolution] will be upon the nobility of the old world. Think of their being forced to trace their ancestry back tot he duke Orang Outang or the Princess Chimpanzee." -Robert Ingersoll

"What? Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sophus

What do these percentages imply?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Feanor Thunder

I'm straight...but I'm not gonna go around shoving it down peoples throats. Thats not my method.
--FT

GAYtheist

Am I really the only gay guy posting on this...we need a voice! Then again I do seem to be a one man news crew :D
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Whitney

I know we use to have more gay active members; I guess they must have found more productive things to do than post on a forum :P

Cecilie

What is the "other" option for? Pedophile?
The world's what you create.

fester30

Quote from: "GAYtheist"Am I really the only gay guy posting on this...we need a voice! Then again I do seem to be a one man news crew :D

Might have some luck shifting the percentages around if you start a religion where it is a sin to be a breeder.  Global climate change, rogue comets, meteors, super volcanos, etc., have nothing on overpopulation when it comes to threatening the human race, or at least our way of life.  Competition over resources will be a problem, I think, long before any of these other things you can see on the History channel on a given Saturday.  Fossil fuel, water, and food supply shortages will lead to wars and such.  Perhaps a spread of homosexuality will lead to less breeding, putting climate change back on top!

GAYtheist

Quote from: "fester30"
Quote from: "GAYtheist"Am I really the only gay guy posting on this...we need a voice! Then again I do seem to be a one man news crew :D

Might have some luck shifting the percentages around if you start a religion where it is a sin to be a breeder.  Global climate change, rogue comets, meteors, super volcanos, etc., have nothing on overpopulation when it comes to threatening the human race, or at least our way of life.  Competition over resources will be a problem, I think, long before any of these other things you can see on the History channel on a given Saturday.  Fossil fuel, water, and food supply shortages will lead to wars and such.  Perhaps a spread of homosexuality will lead to less breeding, putting climate change back on top!
Yea, but to start a religion I'd have to knock my IQ down about 5 dozen notches wouldn't I? Kidding, naturally, but yea...no.
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Will

I've personally been a bit surprised at the number of gay people who are Christian. Considering the concerted efforts of so many church organizations to take away basic rights from gay people and the unending attacks, it demonstrates to me a very powerful ability to compartmentalize. Not only that, but the vast vast majority of atheists I know believe strongly in equality for the lgbt community. In many ways, we're some of the most committed allies. I myself am a member of and donate to a number of gay rights organizations, particularly Equality California. All that having been said, there are a lot of lgbt atheists out there, and they're always welcome here on HAF.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "Will"I've personally been a bit surprised at the number of gay people who are Christian. Considering the concerted efforts of so many church organizations to take away basic rights from gay people and the unending attacks, it demonstrates to me a very powerful ability to compartmentalize. Not only that, but the vast vast majority of atheists I know believe strongly in equality for the lgbt community. In many ways, we're some of the most committed allies. I myself am a member of and donate to a number of gay rights organizations, particularly Equality California. All that having been said, there are a lot of lgbt atheists out there, and they're always welcome here on HAF.
:hail: Thanks for saying this. I didn't need to hear it as I knew it already, but it is always a wonderful thing to hear. Like I said, I tend to be a one man news crew, because I check my email and websites everyday for news about the Gay Rights Movement. You're right in that it is a little disturbing how the gay community compartmentalizes within the Christian community, but also I have noticed a lot of churches opening up to us. The biggest problem we face are Catholics and Mormons...or Morons, depending on how you like to spell it. Thankfully there is only one Westboro Baptist Church, and their leading is getting old enough that we may have a reason to celebrate soon. I don't care how that sounds, the day that S.O.B. dies will be a wonderful day for mankind...IMHO.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "Will"I've personally been a bit surprised at the number of gay people who are Christian. Considering the concerted efforts of so many church organizations to take away basic rights from gay people and the unending attacks, it demonstrates to me a very powerful ability to compartmentalize. Not only that, but the vast vast majority of atheists I know believe strongly in equality for the lgbt community. In many ways, we're some of the most committed allies. I myself am a member of and donate to a number of gay rights organizations, particularly Equality California. All that having been said, there are a lot of lgbt atheists out there, and they're always welcome here on HAF.
Also...is that picture you? If it is... :drool

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"Untarnished record of staunch heterosexuality.

Staunch:  Adjective - Firm and dependable
Verb - Stop the flow of a liquid
Both of these things sound like admirable traits in a hetro, they may even allow you into the Nonbreeder faith.

Untarnished: free from blemishes
Maybe it should have been unadorned.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"Untarnished record of staunch heterosexuality.
...This kinda makes it sound like being gay is a bad thing :( ...I'm hoping you don't mean it like that, but if you do...oh, well...

Whitney

Quote from: "Will"there are a lot of lgbt atheists out there,

Yup, we even have a lgbt atheist group in Dallas.

I don't pay much attention to the sexual orientation of my friends...unless they say something about what kind of gender they are attracted to or are in a relationship I don't know if they are gay or straight.