News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Well, Captain here is a very spoiled fish. He lives in my lizard's 55 gallon tank that is 2/5 land and 3/5 water with the water portion having a heater, a waterfall filter, and live plants for him to hide in. He is actually pretty smart as well. He has learned that if he comes to the front of the tank and swims in his little cave that he gets food.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Piratenerforsej

Quote from: Amicale on March 25, 2012, 06:57:04 PM
Sometime in the next week or two, my kiddo and I are going down to the petstore because she wants her very own pet, so we've decided on goldfish. We'll get either the fantail (gold) and/or the Blackmoor (black), and get at least 2 so that they have company. Or as A puts it, "so they can play tag together". The ones I described look like this:

I think she's at the right age for a couple of fish. She'll learn to feed them, care for them, and when they go belly up (sorry, but they do, lol) she'll see death as a normal natural process too. I do hope she gets to enjoy them for a while though, she's begged for them every time we've walked to the petstore 'just to look'. :) She doesn't know we're going to get them yet. Should be exciting.  ;D

Aww, hope your daughter will be so happy :D

Jimmy

I'm allergic to many house pets so we have fish. I have three gold fish, Carissius auratus auratus, all fantail varieties,  and one African Dwarf frog, Hymenochirus Curtipes, which is an albino. :)
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

ibm

The only time that there's a dog in my house is when a JW knocks at my door. I bark.  >:(

Amicale

Quote from: ibm on April 01, 2012, 03:56:46 AM
The only time that there's a dog in my house is when a JW knocks at my door. I bark.  >:(

LOL! Too awesome!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

This thread should be bumped up for our new members.  :)

I was taking pictures of our Italian greyhound today, and I noticed that the white spot on ther chest looks like a lady in a dress.

Here's one of her and you can kind of see it

And here's a better picture of her chest

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Buddy

musicality

we have a love hate relationship.

Shiba the Shiba Inu <3
"Music is prophecy. Its styles are ahead of the rest of society because
it explores, much faster than material reality can, the entire range of
possibilities."

Tank

Shiba looks resigned to his fate!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Piratenerforsej

Quote from: musicality on April 18, 2012, 10:44:11 AM

we have a love hate relationship.

Shiba the Shiba Inu <3
She looks adorable :)

Amicale

My kiddo's the proud new owner of 4 new orange and white fantail goldfish.  ;D She got them for her 4th birthday, and she was delighted to pick them out. She named them Swimmy, Finny, Fanny, and Taily.   :D

My cat ADORES the fish. We keep some light mesh around the top of the bowl that lets in plenty of air; if we didn't, the cat would play 'bobbing for fishies'.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

rainbowcat212

I have 2 cats and one dog. My one cat is a russian blue. My dog is a black pug.
So many years have passed, since I proclaimed my independence, my mission, my aim, and my vision, so secure, content to live each day like it's my last, it's wonderful to know, that I could be, something more than what I dreamed, far beyond what I could see -Dream Theater

Tank

Quote from: rainbowcat212 on May 09, 2012, 04:17:44 AM
I have 2 cats and one dog. My one cat is a russian blue. My dog is a black pug.
I have 1/2 a black Pug mixed with 1/2 a white West Highland Terrier, a 'Pugland'

This is Katie at her photo shoot, she's a bit of a diva!

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale