News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 02, 2012, 03:23:59 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2011, 09:03:00 AM
Quote from: Ali on December 31, 2011, 05:16:00 AM
We have a dog named Ellie Fant.  She's pretty awesome.
What sort of dog is she?

She's 1/2 Sheltie 1/2....errr....something else.  I can't remember!  I know that they're small and curly, but not poodles.  Anyway, she's really sweet and great with our kid.

Haha about the elephantine nature of our dog.  She's actually only about 20 lbs, but my husband has a thing about naming dogs after other animals (our other dog was a Border Collie named Mouse.)

Runfrommylife - Huge hugs!  Putting down our Border Collie (Mouse) was just terrible.  You know it's the right thing to do to end their suffering, but it's absolutely gut wrenching to lose them. 
You'll have to sort out some pictures on day. I'd love to see her
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 31, 2011, 08:40:42 PM
Since I come from a family of alergics, pets have not really been an option.

Would a reptile be a possible. I have to and I find them to be very good pets. Hypoallergenic too :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on January 02, 2012, 03:33:01 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 02, 2012, 03:23:59 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2011, 09:03:00 AM
Quote from: Ali on December 31, 2011, 05:16:00 AM
We have a dog named Ellie Fant.  She's pretty awesome.
What sort of dog is she?

She's 1/2 Sheltie 1/2....errr....something else.  I can't remember!  I know that they're small and curly, but not poodles.  Anyway, she's really sweet and great with our kid.

Haha about the elephantine nature of our dog.  She's actually only about 20 lbs, but my husband has a thing about naming dogs after other animals (our other dog was a Border Collie named Mouse.)

Runfrommylife - Huge hugs!  Putting down our Border Collie (Mouse) was just terrible.  You know it's the right thing to do to end their suffering, but it's absolutely gut wrenching to lose them. 
You'll have to sort out some pictures on day. I'd love to see her

I just had to wipe all of the stuff off of my hard drive because my laptop had a virus, so I don't have a lot of pictures saved any more, but here is an old one that I found in my photobucket account.  This is Ellie when she was about 6 months old.  Also, I asked my husband, and he reminded me that her "other half" is Bichon Frise.

Also, here is a picture of our first dog, Mouse.  I miss her still (we put her down about 3 years ago because she had cancer and her quality of life had deteriorated.)

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 02, 2012, 04:08:08 PM

Would a reptile be a possible. I have to and I find them to be very good pets. Hypoallergenic too :D

Norway has rules regarding the ownership of most reptiles, and I am not particularly fond of them, anyway. Pets should be cuddly.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 02, 2012, 06:25:31 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 02, 2012, 04:08:08 PM

Norway has rules regarding the ownership of most reptiles, and I am not particularly fond of them, anyway. Pets should be cuddly.

Hmm, right. I remember reading something like that. I have found my python, Thea, to be quite cuddly. She loves to sit with me at the computer and just chill around my shoulders. Usually, the only thing I have to worry about is her getting tangled in my hair. XD I think Ball Pythons are legal, I'd have to check, but they are a small, very laid back snake. :) I've had Thea for almost three years now.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 02, 2012, 04:30:12 PM

I just had to wipe all of the stuff off of my hard drive because my laptop had a virus, so I don't have a lot of pictures saved any more, but here is an old one that I found in my photobucket account.  This is Ellie when she was about 6 months old.  Also, I asked my husband, and he reminded me that her "other half" is Bichon Frise.

She looks very bright and cute.

Quote from: Ali on January 02, 2012, 04:30:12 PM
Also, here is a picture of our first dog, Mouse.  I miss her still (we put her down about 3 years ago because she had cancer and her quality of life had deteriorated.)

A bright as a button. It's awful when a loved pet dies.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Firstly, sorry to hear about your Airedale, RunFromMyLife. I also had to decide to put down my dog of 13 years a few years ago. :(

They're family, but there's no way my selfish side could've won. 

Have a new one now, a German Shepard. Best breed there is ;D

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Cerulean

I have these two little things:

Hm, that didn't quite seem to work.

Guardian85

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 13, 2012, 06:01:08 AM

Have a new one now, a German Shepard. Best breed there is ;D

Word! Both my uncles had German shepherds when I was little. Smart, strong and good looking.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Cerulean on January 13, 2012, 07:48:11 PM
I have these two little things:

Hm, that didn't quite seem to work.
Odd. Looks alright to me.

m.condon

I have two dogs at home with my parents. Both are pit bull mixes which I think they are the best, such loyal dogs. I have like 5 cats that live with my mom, its hard to keep count because they are mostly outside cats. And I have one amazing awesome dog named Leo that lives with me and my roommates at college. I go back and forth between thinking he is the smartest dog or the dumbest, either way he has a personality
Usanap.org
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kMzqSDWbLfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

McQ

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 31, 2011, 04:04:45 PM
I'd love to get a Greyhound. Or a Whippet.

But my "dream" dog is a Leonberger.

If you get one of these, you're going to have to take riding lessons too! Criminy, that's a big animal!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: McQ on January 16, 2012, 04:33:52 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 31, 2011, 04:04:45 PM
I'd love to get a Greyhound. Or a Whippet.

But my "dream" dog is a Leonberger.

If you get one of these, you're going to have to take riding lessons too! Criminy, that's a big animal!

It's magnificent, but what you'd really have to do is ready the brush and a few weekly hours...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor