News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unholy1971

mp29

I have a pet betta. His name is Peppers. I've had him about 2 years, and since he has no choice but to put up with me, I feel sorry for him. :) I've also been feeding wild birds for years. Some of my fondest memories are the ones of standing by my mother's wheelchair and watching the cardinals and chickadees flitting around the window. It was one of the few activities she could enjoy. I still hear the cardinal bringing out the morning, and see his silhouette on the blinds throughout the day, and those are the things that mean so much. It's amazing how much life exists in your yard.

BullyforBronto

Introducing my dog of 10 years, The Bodhi Sattva.

I have a cat, too. His name is El Guapo. However, he is much too elusive to capture in a photograph.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on December 31, 2011, 04:06:31 AM
We had Riley, an Airedale, for 11 years. He had to be put to sleep on Tuesday. It's been a horrible week.  :(

I'm sorry to hear that. It is never easy  :'(
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Traveler

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 22, 2011, 02:01:31 AM
...two greyhounds, Italian and full size rescue...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I have some too!!!

If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Ali

We have a dog named Ellie Fant.  She's pretty awesome.

lomfs24

I have one dog named Kuma. He's kind of a mutt and the best we can tell he's half Akita and half Husky. He is very pretty about 3/4's of the year but in the spring when he's shedding he looks like he is diseased.

And my boys have a goldfish, used to have two but one day one was...well, he seemed to have learned how to back float. So we had a ceremonial flushing in the bathroom. No matter how you take care of them just seems that some WalMart gold fish aren't long for this world.

Tank

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on December 31, 2011, 04:06:31 AM
We had Riley, an Airedale, for 11 years. He had to be put to sleep on Tuesday. It's been a horrible week.  :(

Well done for doing that right thing. Been there, done that, horrible to have to do.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Ali on December 31, 2011, 05:16:00 AM
What sort of dog is she?

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2011, 09:03:00 AM
What sort of dog is she?
An elephantine one, I suppose... Irish Wolfhound?  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

I'd love to get a Greyhound. Or a Whippet.

But my "dream" dog is a Leonberger.

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Traveler

If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Guardian85

Since I come from a family of alergics, pets have not really been an option.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2011, 09:03:00 AM
What sort of dog is she?

She's 1/2 Sheltie 1/2....errr....something else.  I can't remember!  I know that they're small and curly, but not poodles.  Anyway, she's really sweet and great with our kid.

Haha about the elephantine nature of our dog.  She's actually only about 20 lbs, but my husband has a thing about naming dogs after other animals (our other dog was a Border Collie named Mouse.)

Runfrommylife - Huge hugs!  Putting down our Border Collie (Mouse) was just terrible.  You know it's the right thing to do to end their suffering, but it's absolutely gut wrenching to lose them.