Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 10, 2016, 04:47:18 AM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 10, 2016, 02:08:19 AM
That's incredible xSP and funny...there was a guy in one of my units in the Army whose nickname was "Sleepy Wonder". Dude was out of this world, he could fall asleep in minutes just by closing his eyes...didn't matter the conditions or what the hell was going on around him, and then he would simply wake up and go on as if nothing had happened.
One time on a patrol he fell asleep while walking, just slowly drifted off into a ravine. Weird.
I used to be sort of like that. I have literally slept standing  up.

Lately though, I have had serious trouble sleeping. While I'm sure losing my job, moving, and sleeping in a new bed contributes to all of the above there is still a very personal matter that keeps me on the proverbial pins and needles.

One thing that has help me with sleeping issues is mindfulness techniques, especially breathing excursuses (Meditation) before I go to bed...also seems to help if I put the electronic devices away at least an hour before bed and read regular print.

Good Luck G.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

People who ask, of an R-rated movie, would this be OK to take my 6-yr old to?  No, fungo, that's why they put an R-rating on it!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 17, 2016, 12:37:49 PM
People who ask, of an R-rated movie, would this be OK to take my 6-yr old to?  No, fungo, that's why they put an R-rating on it!

Are you talking about Deadpool by any chance?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

I also thought Deadpool.

Douche canoes with crying infants/toddlers in R Rated movies is a thing too, though. Because they're too young to understand any of it, the rest of it must be subjected to their shitty behavior. Not that it's the kids fault.

Buddy

People who don't use their turn signals/ people who don't bother to look before changing lanes. I've been almost run off the road three times now since I got the Mini and every time I was in plain sight. How people don't see a bright blue and white car is beyond me.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 17, 2016, 01:18:47 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 17, 2016, 12:37:49 PM

Are you talking about Deadpool by any chance?

One example of many.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 17, 2016, 01:39:41 PM
I also thought Deadpool.

Douche canoes with crying infants/toddlers in R Rated movies is a thing too, though. Because they're too young to understand any of it, the rest of it must be subjected to their shitty behavior. Not that it's the kids fault.

As much as I hate the sound of crying, I have to admit to feeling sorry for the kids in that circumstance -- they must be bored out of their minds.  Ditto little kids in fancy restaurants.
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

Many United Staters simply don't know how to use their car horns.

If you travel to other countries folks use their horns constantly. For example you are pulling out of a parking spot you toot the horn, same thing if you are driving through a parking lot and someone is about to pull out of a spot. You toot your horn just out of courtesy to let then know you are behind them.

Or if you are about to pull out into traffic or vice versa, I mean you hear the horns going off constantly.

It's not a big deal, in fact I prefer it, as it makes everyone more aware of what's going on around them.

Here in the states our corn horns are basically only used as a form of aggression, basically when you honk a horn here no one hears the "Beep beep", or "Toot toot", all they hear is "HEY FUCKER", "MOVE FUCKER", or "FUCK FUCKER, FUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKK" (Or that is the reason they use them, because you accidentally cut them off and now they're about to explode into a fit of rage).

This morning I'm driving on the road, it's kind of early and traffic is light. Pull up to a red light behind another car, and we sit there for a few until it turns green. Car in front of me doesn't move immediately, but I'm in no rush so I sit for a few seconds, he still doesn't move so I give my horn a wee bit of a tap, just so it goes, "Hey Hey", you know let the driver know the light is green. When this dude looks up and then back at me in his mirror,  and proceeds to flip me off.

I'm thinking, who is that Crow driving? Anyway he pulls out, and as we start driving I speed up a bit and get into the next lane because I have an exit coming up, and as I pass him he lays into his horn, and gives me the finger again.

I'm thinking what are you pissed off because I beeped at you while you were sitting at a green light, probably looking at your phone?

So I gives him a big smile, and wave at him as enthusiastically and frantically (Probably looked like a goof) as I could, you know like we was best buds or something.

Icarus

Good response Bruno. You messed with his head by being (apparently) courteous.

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 31, 2016, 10:16:15 PM
I'm thinking, who is that Crow driving? Anyway he pulls out, and as we start driving I speed up a bit and get into the next lane because I have an exit coming up, and as I pass him he lays into his horn, and gives me the finger again.

If I knew the light was green I would have continued to do what I was doing and ignored you as I'm obviously in no rush. Though if I was unaware of the light I would have just driven off.
Retired member.

hermes2015

Animal abuse.
I want to lay down on my bed.
The dog wags it's tail.
Your very beautiful.
I saw two cat's.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Not sure this qualifies as a pet peeve, but do you know how you feel when you hit your head or stub you toe?

You get so mad, yet have no one to blame but yourself, so you become super annoyed and pissed off?

Last night I had to go out to the garage to grab something off my work bench, it was cold out, and I didn't have shoes on, plus I was wearing shorts so I ran out there quick.

I have a small pile of lumber stacked on the floor, and meant to jump over it, but misjudged and stubbed by big toe.

Here's the worse part, not only did I stub the toe, but the 2 x 4 i hit also drove a 2 inch sliver into my big toe, directly under the toenail, past the knuckle of the toe...this thing was about the diameter of a toothpick.

It went in under teh nail, and then popped out of the skin about an inch and half farther down the toe.

It came out easy enough, but did bleed quite a bit.

I think I was cussing and swearing out on the floor of the garage for about 5 minutes, not only from the pain, but the sheer annoyance.

Thing is sore this morning. Anyway I washed and cleaned it good, as well as disinfected it.

Probably should move the stack of lumber over some, meh, fuck it.

Recusant

I hate when that happens.

Is your tetanus booster up to date?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Harmonie

Okay, and I thought my toe stubbing around a month ago was bad (my toenail was pushed in. >.<)! I certainly can't complain now.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 09, 2016, 04:19:27 PM
Not sure this qualifies as a pet peeve, but do you know how you feel when you hit your head or stub you toe?

You get so mad, yet have no one to blame but yourself, so you become super annoyed and pissed off?

Last night I had to go out to the garage to grab something off my work bench, it was cold out, and I didn't have shoes on, plus I was wearing shorts so I ran out there quick.

I have a small pile of lumber stacked on the floor, and meant to jump over it, but misjudged and stubbed by big toe.

Here's the worse part, not only did I stub the toe, but the 2 x 4 i hit also drove a 2 inch sliver into my big toe, directly under the toenail, past the knuckle of the toe...this thing was about the diameter of a toothpick.

It went in under teh nail, and then popped out of the skin about an inch and half farther down the toe.

It came out easy enough, but did bleed quite a bit.

I think I was cussing and swearing out on the floor of the garage for about 5 minutes, not only from the pain, but the sheer annoyance.

Thing is sore this morning. Anyway I washed and cleaned it good, as well as disinfected it.

Probably should move the stack of lumber over some, meh, fuck it.

:twitch:

*shudder*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey