News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Pot holes
Blunt razor blabes
Male pattern baldness
Ear hair
Nose hair
Rampant eyebrow growth
Racism
Sexism
Fat
etc.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Selection boxes
Signal failures
People who delight in telling anyone within earshot that they don't like Christmas (talking about people who have it all, not those facing grief, loneliness and harship)
Cost of second-class stamps
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Davin

People who have a lot of pet peeves.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Essie Mae

People wo see themselves as morally superior because they don't dislike anything.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Davin

People who inject things into other people's statements, like people who assume that other people think they are morally superior just because they say they like or don't like something.

:rofl:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

OldGit

xSilverPhinx

People with trolleys at a supermarket.
People who block aisles at a supermarket or mall.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

If shopping cart road rage is a thing, I have it.

People who buy two different colors of white Christmas lights and mix them like they're the same. There's a fence on my way home all wrapped in the yellowish-white lights, except for two random strings of bright white. It's maddening.

xSilverPhinx

Insomnia.  :sad sigh:
Waking up just 10 minutes before the alarm, which has happened on numerous occasions.
Staring at the ceiling at 04h30, wallowing in my thoughts and unable to fall asleep again.
When my pillow falls to the floor the noise sometimes wakes me up.
Sleeping anywhere that isn't my own bed.
Blackouts in the middle of the night, during which I sometimes wake up.
Waking up when I'm not supposed to wake up.  >:(

Icarus

Me too xSP. I could sleep through a train wreck but when the newspaper guy arrives at 4;30 in the morning it wakes me. I mean he throws the newspaper onto my front yard which is at least 50 meters away on a soft grassy area. It makes almost no noise. Aside from that it might take an earthquake to rouse me.  Oh, if my pillow fell off the bed I might become aware of it, but I'd just go back to the arms of Morpheus without benefit of the cranial prop. 

xSilverPhinx

Strange how that works. I'm in awe of my younger brother, who sleeps like a rock. Once when he was about 9 he fell from his bed and didn't wake. When asked why he was sleeping on the floor the following morning he said that he had no recollection.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 04, 2016, 09:05:02 AM
Strange how that works. I'm in awe of my younger brother, who sleeps like a rock. Once when he was about 9 he fell from his bed and didn't wake. When asked why he was sleeping on the floor the following morning he said that he had no recollection.

That's incredible xSP and funny...there was a guy in one of my units in the Army whose nickname was "Sleepy Wonder". Dude was out of this world, he could fall asleep in minutes just by closing his eyes...didn't matter the conditions or what the hell was going on around him, and then he would simply wake up and go on as if nothing had happened.
One time on a patrol he fell asleep while walking, just slowly drifted off into a ravine. Weird.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 10, 2016, 02:08:19 AM
That's incredible xSP and funny...there was a guy in one of my units in the Army whose nickname was "Sleepy Wonder". Dude was out of this world, he could fall asleep in minutes just by closing his eyes...didn't matter the conditions or what the hell was going on around him, and then he would simply wake up and go on as if nothing had happened.
One time on a patrol he fell asleep while walking, just slowly drifted off into a ravine. Weird.
Isn't that called narcolepsy?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 10, 2016, 02:56:20 AM
Isn't that called narcolepsy?

Too complicated, I like weird better.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

I used to be sort of like that. I have literally slept standing  up.

Lately though, I have had serious trouble sleeping. While I'm sure losing my job, moving, and sleeping in a new bed contributes to all of the above there is still a very personal matter that keeps me on the proverbial pins and needles.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-