News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

I try to make these idiot overtake me whenever possible.  When I can't, I just go slower and slower anyway.  If a row starts, I just tell them that the safe following distance depends on the speed - if they reduce the distance, I'll reduce the speed.

Eric V Arachnid

Quote from: OldGit on December 28, 2014, 10:01:06 AM
I try to make these idiot overtake me whenever possible.  When I can't, I just go slower and slower anyway. 

Ye I do that sometimes to piss them off, my options are limited, I don't own a magnum, not even a replica.
I usually drive as fast as the law allows and bit more that I think I can get away with, you can't get away with much these days.

Quote from: OldGit on December 28, 2014, 10:01:06 AM
If a row starts, I just tell them that the safe following distance depends on the speed - if they reduce the distance, I'll reduce the speed.

That sounds reasonable but how do you conduct these rows?
Are you yelling to each other out your car windows as you go along?

Misanthropic Curmudgeon

OldGit

No, my slow-down tactics have more than once come to a dead stop and a slanging match.

Pasta Chick

I've never understood why those people are reluctant to actually pass when the opportunity presents.  When we moved, we were hauling a load of furniture in the truck and some cunt tailgated us for about 5 miles down secondary roads.  There were several double lanes along the long, and every time we would move over and slow down to allow plenty of time to pass.  Followed us every damn time. 

In a similar vein, people who cut you off only to drive UNDER the speed limit.  If you're going to cut me off, you better be in a fucking hurry.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 28, 2014, 09:44:30 PM
In a similar vein, people who cut you off only to drive UNDER the speed limit.  If you're going to cut me off, you better be in a fucking hurry.

I hate it when that happens too. I like to reach the speed limit and stay there, and when someone prevents me from that it pisses me off. Problem is, any display of impatience such as honking or flashing lights will get them to usually drive even slower, just to annoy. What if there's an emergency for FSM's sake?!

I don't consider myself to be an aggressive person but when driving I think that some people should stay off the fast lane.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

When I was a young sprog, I had several motorbikes with such poor headlamps that at night I was all too glad when a car was following fairly close and lighting up the road for me.  Since old bikes also had appalling brakes, I wasn't likely to get shunted. :D

No one

Rap.
People who don't know how to merge.
People who don't know how to signal.
People who don't know how a stop sign works.
Sandals and socks.
Fred Durst.
The color yellow.
$5,000 rims on $300 car.
Rap.
Bleu cheese (all variants).
Red lights.
Snow.
People who drive a Fiat 500 sized car, and  make turns like they are driving a 30 ft box truck.
Moving.
Apple.
Flies.
Fleas.
Mosquitoes.
Saturday Night Live.
Rap.
Blind hatred.
Inequality.
Injustice.
Extremists.
Jerks.
Prejudice.
Those who know what's best for us.
Sheep.
Golf.
Rap

Tank

So a Rap about Blue cheese would be particularly irritating?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: No one on November 08, 2015, 04:44:52 PM

Bleu cheese (all variants)

Apple.

Saturday Night Live.

*gasp*   :o
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

I'd put sheep much higher up the list - just below liberals and lefties, but above christians.

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on November 08, 2015, 07:46:11 PM
I'd put sheep much higher up the list - just below liberals and lefties, but above christians.

Just to clarify, we're not talking about left handed people right?  :P
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 08, 2015, 09:09:31 PM

No, he hates me ;)

Buddy

Quote from: Claireliontamer on November 08, 2015, 09:36:35 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 08, 2015, 09:09:31 PM

No, he hates me ;)

I guess he hates me too then. ;-;

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

I gather that there are other left handed people here. Count me in.