News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

^^^ that definitely comes under the heading of non religious pet peeves  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Elderly relatives who are close to hitting 90, unstable on their feet, and more than very stubborn... who come into your home, announce that they don't like the way you've arranged your personal belongings, and proceed to shift everything around to their liking, before going back home.  ::)

I now have to re-arrange my computer room, my daughter's bedroom, and my kitchen.

If I could figure out how to change the locks on the house without a war in the family starting, I'd do so in a flash.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Burrs. The stupid things keep getting caught in Cash's tail.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

When I have to get up very early for a meeting with someone that they've either forgotten, blown off, or mistaken the time of. *yawn* Grrr.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

OldGit

People who wrongly park in a disabled space just after I've nobly driven past and not abused it.  Ditto mother-and-baby spaces.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: OldGit on May 04, 2012, 01:41:13 PM
People who wrongly park in a disabled space just after I've nobly driven past and not abused it.  Ditto mother-and-baby spaces.

Agreed. I know the mother-and-baby spaces can be a contentious issue, but I really appreciated them when I was 8+ months pregnant. Waddling for extended periods of time gets quite uncomfortable.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Fucking animal rights activists. They need to learn that animals Don't. Think. Like. People.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 07, 2012, 06:55:30 PM
Fucking animal rights activists. They need to learn that animals Don't. Think. Like. People.

You need to expand on this.
I think animals. Feel. Like. Animals.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 07, 2012, 07:22:34 PM

My moms boyfriend got cows to raise over summer and they said how cruel he was to raise them just to kill them. Then they went on to say that the cows will be scared because they will know about being killed. Cows just sit in a field and eat grass all day. I highly doubt they are fearful of anything.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 07, 2012, 08:05:37 PM

My moms boyfriend got cows to raise over summer and they said how cruel he was to raise them just to kill them. Then they went on to say that the cows will be scared because they will know about being killed. Cows just sit in a field and eat grass all day. I highly doubt they are fearful of anything.

I understand your annoyance.

True story: as a kid, I was riding in the car with my parents, and my mom was staring out the window, looking out into the farmland fields around us. I asked her what was on her mind. She responded "I wonder what those cows are thinking!" and I said "I don't think they're thinking much!" and she went on a long ramble about how boring it would be, to be a cow.  :D

Here, to make you smile: If cows COULD think like humans....

philosoraptor

That last post reminded me how much I like Chik-Fil-A, but that I can't eat there without feeling guilty knowing that they actively donate to bigoted hate groups like Focus on the Family.  And also that I almost always will crave Chik-Fil-A on Sunday, when they are of course not open.  So maybe this is actually a religious pet peeve...?
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on May 07, 2012, 08:13:56 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 07, 2012, 08:05:37 PM

I understand your annoyance.

True story: as a kid, I was riding in the car with my parents, and my mom was staring out the window, looking out into the farmland fields around us. I asked her what was on her mind. She responded "I wonder what those cows are thinking!" and I said "I don't think they're thinking much!" and she went on a long ramble about how boring it would be, to be a cow.  :D

Here, to make you smile: If cows COULD think like humans....

Thanks for the laugh Amicale. I guess I'm just tired and grumpy today.  :D

Asmodean

Yes! They also need to learn that green meddlers don't think like people. And things that don't think like people, they be food unless they be rodents.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

When an individual completely agrees with an outline/content/fee-structure and then, when I send them the first draft, decides that they would like literally twice as much work done for free. *grumble* *grumble*
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

rainbowcat212

It annoys me when I am watching television shows and they are poorly edited.

It annoys it when people tap on desks..
So many years have passed, since I proclaimed my independence, my mission, my aim, and my vision, so secure, content to live each day like it's my last, it's wonderful to know, that I could be, something more than what I dreamed, far beyond what I could see -Dream Theater