News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: musicality on April 18, 2012, 11:16:30 AM
;D :) aww thank you! I am blessed with photogenic abilities. Haha
Yep. Definitely cute. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Catalyst Control Centre.

Amicale

Quote from: musicality on April 18, 2012, 10:43:06 AM
Cracking knuckles.
The misuse of you're & your.
Immaturity in the classroom.

Whenever a member of the Grammar Police gets all upset, I pat them on the head and say "There, Their, They're!"  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on April 22, 2012, 06:26:09 PM
Quote from: musicality on April 18, 2012, 10:43:06 AM
Cracking knuckles.
The misuse of you're & your.
Immaturity in the classroom.

Whenever a member of the Grammar Police gets all upset, I pat them on the head and say "There, Their, They're!"  ;)
I shall have to remember that one  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

The unannounced cancellation of goat races.  We took our little grandson out to a farm/zoo place to watch the goat racing.  When we got there it was cancelled because the jumps were too wet, although the sheep racing went ahead over the same course:

I was disappointed.  Why? If a sheep can get round a certain course, why not a goat? [/rant]

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: OldGit on April 23, 2012, 11:12:23 AM
The unannounced cancellation of goat races.  We took our little grandson out to a farm/zoo place to watch the goat racing.  When we got there it was cancelled because the jumps were too wet, although the sheep racing went ahead over the same course:

I was disappointed.  Why? If a sheep can get round a certain course, why not a goat? [/rant]

When did Goats become such prima donnas?
It's outrageous, they'll be refusing to clip clop across bridges without fluffy slippers next.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 23, 2012, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: OldGit on April 23, 2012, 11:12:23 AM
The unannounced cancellation of goat races.  We took our little grandson out to a farm/zoo place to watch the goat racing.  When we got there it was cancelled because the jumps were too wet, although the sheep racing went ahead over the same course:

I was disappointed.  Why? If a sheep can get round a certain course, why not a goat? [/rant]

When did Goats become such prima donnas?
It's outrageous, they'll be refusing to clip clop across bridges without fluffy slippers next.

ROFL!!!

OK, I practically choked on my coffee. Man is this place good for that... that picture of sheep is hilarious, I've never seen sheep DO that.  :D

And ohhhh Pudding, the very image of goats in fluffy slippers... *snickers*

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

DeterminedJuliet

I need more barnyard animal races in my life.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Hector Valdez

There's always those cockfights at my cousin chui's place every wednesday.  ;D

Asmodean

Quote from: The Semaestro on April 23, 2012, 08:47:19 PM
There's always those cockfights at my cousin chui's place every wednesday.  ;D
Ooh! Ooh! We can start an online betting service where people can bet on who has the best cock...
... ...
... Didn't sound quite right, did it?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

If chocobos were real, i would so race them. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 23, 2012, 09:06:11 PM
If chocobos were real, i would so race them. :)
The Asmo, he would munch on chocolegs. Those big. Lotsa' meat on them.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Sweetdeath

Nuuu, fortune city ate your image.  :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Hector Valdez

I hate when I click on a link on my homepage, thinking it's going to take me to a text article, and it takes me to a bloody movie!!!

Goddamn illiterate society.  >:(