News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

I have a new pet peeve!

When you come in from a stroll, walk upstairs, and there's a large, angry black squirrel chattering at you from behind a toilet, that's bad. Then when he leaps out, skitters across the hallway, and you have to barricade him in a spare room... that is DEFINITELY inconvenient and can be construed as a pet peeve.  :P

Any guesses on how I've spent my afternoon?? LOL

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

I'll be honest.  What I got out of that story was "Awwwwww baby squirrel."

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on February 01, 2012, 08:58:48 PM

LOL, oh, he's cute enough. I like squirrels.  :D It's just that he's hiding somewhere in that room now, so we have an uninvited house guest!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Mocha Chief

I can't stand it when people talk loud enough for everyone to hear them, in hopes that others will be interested or jealous of the conversion. That and people using text talk

Ali

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on February 02, 2012, 01:43:10 AM
I hate squirrels. When I was 5 years old I was gardening with my grandpa (well, I was in the garden playing with stickers) and a squirrel ran up and bit a nice chunk out of my ankle while I was minding my own damn business. The Humane Society had to come find it and test it. No rabies. Yay! But now I'm terrified of squirrels.

:(  Poor squirrel.*

*I'm totally kidding!!!!  Poor you, that's traumatic.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on February 02, 2012, 01:43:10 AM
I hate squirrels. When I was 5 years old I was gardening with my grandpa (well, I was in the garden playing with stickers) and a squirrel ran up and bit a nice chunk out of my ankle while I was minding my own damn business.

It may not have been a squirrel.
It could have been Mocha Chief's attack hair.
I think it sometimes pretends to be a squirrel.

Amicale

Quote from: Amicale on February 01, 2012, 09:11:30 PM
Quote from: Ali on February 01, 2012, 08:58:48 PM

LOL, oh, he's cute enough. I like squirrels.  :D It's just that he's hiding somewhere in that room now, so we have an uninvited house guest!

The squirrel has been relocated out somewhere in the wilderness, where he belongs!

New pet peeve: squirrels who aren't potty trained!  :P  ;)

54Quix45

I can't stand seeing someone trying to park while they are on their cell phone. I've seen some people make 4 approaches before they park straight. I just don't understand why people can't put their phones down while driving to make certain maneuvers. Those phones call can't be that important!!!

statichaos

People thinking that image macros are a substitute for real conversation.  That's one of many reasons I'm here.

Tank

Quote from: statichaos on February 19, 2012, 09:42:19 PM
People thinking that image macros are a substitute for real conversation.  That's one of many reasons I'm here.
I have to ask, what's an image macro? I've never heard the term before.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

statichaos

Something like this:

Or this:

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind when they're used sparingly.  However, when I feel that I've made a reasonable point only to be confronted with those in the place of an actual argument, it bothers me.

Tank

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Amicale

Sounds that repeat themselves again and again without stopping, like doors slamming, water dripping, things dropping/falling. Been dealing with that all day.

Tank

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.