News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Scissorlegs on January 01, 2012, 12:32:54 AM
Why does my wife leave the bedclothe laundry until new years eve, so that when I go to bed pissed (drunk) and tired I'm left with a naked bed, and have to stumble through putting the duvet cover on by myself while she's undoing her make-up. Fuck, that's annoying!
My wife does the same thing! I think it must be a revenge thing for not putting the loo seat down!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

squidfetish

Why does my wife leave the bedclothe laundry until new years eve, so that when I go to bed pissed (drunk) and tired I'm left with a naked bed, and have to stumble through putting the duvet cover on by myself while she's undoing her make-up. Fuck, that's annoying!

It's soft and horizontal... that's enough for me. Sod putting the duvet cover on when I'm drunk...  :P
reptilian overlord

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on January 01, 2012, 06:05:29 AM
My wife does the same thing! I think it must be a revenge thing for not putting the loo seat down!

Tank, how long have you been married? And you still leave the seat up? tsk, tsk, tsk!  :o
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 01, 2012, 01:02:53 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 01, 2012, 06:05:29 AM

Tank, how long have you been married? And you still leave the seat up? tsk, tsk, tsk!  :o
32 years in March. And the loo seat shall remain in the upright position for No. 1's.  Although I have been known to put it down and sprinkle clean water on it to reinforce my point. ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

We've done 40 years.  Mrs Git has never grumbled about me leaving the seat up.  That's why we made 40 years.  ;D

Traveler

LOL!!! Maybe its time that you learned how to do the laundry!!! LOL
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Siz

Quote from: OldGit on January 01, 2012, 04:02:27 PM
We've done 40 years.  Mrs Git has never grumbled about me leaving the seat up.  That's why we made 40 years.  ;D

My own response to the toilet seat argument is 'why doesn't she leave the toilet seat up?'

I believe an adversarial relationship is the secret to keeping a marriage fresh. She doesn't agree :D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

DeterminedJuliet

My husband was in the habit of putting the toilet seat down before we met, so I can't say that it's ever been an issue with us. He's a bit of a germaphobe, though, and there are some weird things he's anal about and I oblige him to keep the peace. That marriage stuff, bit o' give and take, it is.

I do have to say that when men come in to our house and leave the toilet seat up after using the washroom it irks me a little, though. I don't know why. Maybe it's because whenever I'm in someone else's house I have a "leave it as I found it" mentality. Or, it could be that cliché women thing in my brain that makes it annoy me.  :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 01, 2012, 11:42:51 PM
Or, it could be that cliché women thing in my brain that makes it annoy me.  :P

Or maybe you've done the peepee/poopee math! ;)

1. Guy has to make Mr. Peepee - Seat UP is best.
2. Guy has to make Mr. Poopee - Seat DOWN is best.
3. Girl has to make Mrs. Peepee - Seat DOWN is best.
4. Girl has to make Mrs. Poopee - Seat DOWN is best.

It's three against one! ;)

It's also Kindergarten in my brain for some reason. :-[
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Buddy

It's been said here a million times already, but text speak needs to die in a fiery pit.  >:(  I am giving directions to a guy who is dropping off a phone that my brother bought off of Craigslist. I've had to ask him four times now to resend a message in complete English because I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Seriously, I can't give directions to someone who spells house "hooouzz"

Somebody needs a frying pan to the nether regions.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Scissorlegs on January 01, 2012, 05:31:51 PM
We've done 40 years.  Mrs Git has never grumbled about me leaving the seat up.  That's why we made 40 years.  ;D

My own response to the toilet seat argument is 'why doesn't she leave the toilet seat up?'

I believe an adversarial relationship is the secret to keeping a marriage fresh. She doesn't agree :D
My response to the whole toilet thing is generally a facepalm.

It's a bloody toilet seat, ok?! If a couple argues about that, then maybe divorse is just the thing, eh?  ::)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Happy_Is_Good

The women in my family no longer ask about the Toilet Seat at my house.  The first few times they talked about men "leaving the seat up", I responded by asking, "Well..why don't you take care where you are putting your arse?"  This ended all complaints.

lomfs24

Quote from: Happy_Is_Good on January 04, 2012, 01:09:59 AM
The women in my family no longer ask about the Toilet Seat at my house.  The first few times they talked about men "leaving the seat up", I responded by asking, "Well..why don't you take care where you are putting your arse?"  This ended all complaints.

That was pretty close to the conversation that occurred at my house too.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 03, 2012, 09:21:08 PM
It's been said here a million times already, but text speak needs to die in a fiery pit.  >:(  I am giving directions to a guy who is dropping off a phone that my brother bought off of Craigslist. I've had to ask him four times now to resend a message in complete English because I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Seriously, I can't give directions to someone who spells house "hooouzz"

Somebody needs a frying pan to the nether regions.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on January 03, 2012, 11:19:33 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on January 01, 2012, 05:31:51 PM

My response to the whole toilet thing is generally a facepalm.

It's a bloody toilet seat, ok?! If a couple argues about that, then maybe divorse is just the thing, eh?  ::)

I think you should give up your plans for world domination and pursue a career in marriage counselling. :D