News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronos

People who don't read simple things before getting up their ire over something that is quite normal.
Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501c3 tax-free status.

IcyBabe

Quote from: not your typical... on December 09, 2011, 12:54:03 AM

I love this -- it's an Italian audience reacting to that scene: the experts watch

"Uhreeverdarechi." Lol best part of the whole movie!

cshearer

Tailgating. I swear, it happens every single time I leave my home. >:(
"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something."

Chronos

Quote from: cshearer on December 09, 2011, 04:43:12 AM

You eat hot dogs and drink beer every time you leave your home? Do you live in an RV next to a stadium?
Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501c3 tax-free status.

cshearer

Quote from: Chronos on December 09, 2011, 04:46:49 AM
Quote from: cshearer on December 09, 2011, 04:43:12 AM

You eat hot dogs and drink beer every time you leave your home? Do you live in an RV next to a stadium?

I'm proud of who I am.... :'(

Crocoduck

I hate the cheap plastic lenses in my reading glasses. They seem to always be dirty and no matter how careful I am cleaning them they always get scratched.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Tank

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 09, 2011, 11:27:55 AM
I hate the cheap plastic lenses in my reading glasses. They seem to always be dirty and no matter how careful I am cleaning them they always get scratched.
Make sure the lens frame does not rest on your cheeks. It makes a huge difference to how grubby the lenses get!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

cshearer

Another pet peeve of mine is the fact that there have to literally hundreds of guitar picks all over my house, yet I only have a handful that I know the exact location of. We've lived in our current house for six years, so that's six years' worth of guitar playing. I want to know where they went.

Tank

Quote from: cshearer on December 09, 2011, 05:38:12 PM
Another pet peeve of mine is the fact that there have to literally hundreds of guitar picks all over my house, yet I only have a handful that I know the exact location of. We've lived in our current house for six years, so that's six years' worth of guitar playing. I want to know where they went.
Guitar pics are the laval stage of clothes pegs, they grew up  ;)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Cecilie

Christmas. Asmo is going to love me now.
The world's what you create.

OldGit

Quote from: cshearerAnother pet peeve of mine is the fact that there have to literally hundreds of guitar picks all over my house, yet I only have a handful that I know the exact location of. We've lived in our current house for six years, so that's six years' worth of guitar playing. I want to know where they went.

Serves you right for not using your fingernails.  What do you think the FSM gave you them for? ;D

cshearer

Quote from: OldGit on December 09, 2011, 06:03:15 PM
Quote from: cshearerAnother pet peeve of mine is the fact that there have to literally hundreds of guitar picks all over my house, yet I only have a handful that I know the exact location of. We've lived in our current house for six years, so that's six years' worth of guitar playing. I want to know where they went.

Serves you right for not using your fingernails.  What do you think the FSM gave you them for? ;D

FSM with your oh so noodly appendages, please forgive me, for I have sinned.

Ramen.

Siz

Do any of you ever feel compelled to check your lottery tickets after the claim time has elapsed? That's what my wife does.
Firstly, don't let them expire before checking them. Secondly, do you really want to know about the million pound/dollar win that you missed.
This is just insane. and she knows that I'd have to microwave her head if she discovered a lost 'win'.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 09, 2011, 07:50:29 PM
Do any of you ever feel compelled to check your lottery tickets after the claim time has elapsed? That's what my wife does.
Firstly, don't let them expire before checking them. Secondly, do you really want to know about the million pound/dollar win that you missed.
This is just insane. and she knows that I'd have to microwave her head if she discovered a lost 'win'.

I would be beyond pissed if I won a huge sum of money and the claim time had passed.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 09, 2011, 07:50:29 PM

I met the husband of the lady who would have been the joint winner of the first lottery in South Africa. She filled in a free entry ticket but didn't post it because it was raining as she drove past the post office. She didn't tell her husband for a week. He was not a happy camper but rationalised his feelings by pointing out that whatever he now did could not be as bad as that.