News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

NHOJ

When paying the tab in a restaurant, hearing "Do you need change?"
It's always the worst waiters/waitresses who ask and my answer is always "Yes, please."

I did time in the food service world and I know it ain't easy, but it will be the service that determines the tip.   
Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in your shoe.
-Robert Service

Tank

Quote from: NHOJ on November 15, 2011, 04:28:14 AM
When paying the tab in a restaurant, hearing "Do you need change?"
It's always the worst waiters/waitresses who ask and my answer is always "Yes, please."

I did time in the food service world and I know it ain't easy, but it will be the service that determines the tip.   
My immediate reply would be, "Now that you remind me, yes please!"  ;D

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pharaoh Cat

Internet human tests - those things that make you read letters and then type them - when they make the things really hard to read.  Is that necessary?  Sometimes I can't identify the letters!  Grrr...  >:(
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Fi

Babies and small children in movie theaters. Every parent seems to think they have the one baby in the world that isn't going to start screeching when the movie gets loud and scary. 99% of them are wrong. >:I

IcyBabe

Lol, I love this thread!

People talking to me while I'm talking on the phone to another person.  It's impossible to balance someone talking in one year and another talking in the other. 

Mainstream Hollywood drives me nuts.  I'm so sick of seeing Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Nichole Kidman etc etc. etc. in every single movie out there when they are so many other original actors with REAL talent not popularity.  ...I do however have to swallow my pride everytime I see Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds, he CRACKS me up in that movie. 

not your typical...

Quote from: IcyBabe on December 07, 2011, 10:59:36 PM
Lol, I love this thread!

People talking to me while I'm talking on the phone to another person.  It's impossible to balance someone talking in one year and another talking in the other. 

Mainstream Hollywood drives me nuts.  I'm so sick of seeing Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Nichole Kidman etc etc. etc. in every single movie out there when they are so many other original actors with REAL talent not popularity.  ...I do however have to swallow my pride everytime I see Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds, he CRACKS me up in that movie. 
IKR! Gnat-zi's. And my mom still says Aye-dios. Smh. XD
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Tank

I haven't seen Brad Pitt in a movie I didn't enjoy. Love Meet Joe Black.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: IcyBabe on December 07, 2011, 10:59:36 PM
Lol, I love this thread!

Inglorious Bastards was a very good movie.

I have recently realized how much I hate children. I have never met somebody under 10 who wasn't in my family that I liked.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

IcyBabe

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 11:02:37 PM

Hehe it was genius wasn't it?  Lol that is how WWII should have ended.

not your typical...

I have recently realized how much I hate children. I have never met somebody under 10 who wasn't in my family that I liked.
I've never really been fond of children, but have a natural gift of motherly insticts, which really sucks, cuz then I'll do one thing that seems kinda of parental, and the kid'll cling to my side like there's no tomorrow. :P

Quote from: IcyBabe on December 07, 2011, 11:10:27 PM

Hehe it was genius wasn't it?  Lol that is how WWII should have ended.
Agreed! That was hilarious.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2011, 11:01:58 PM
I haven't seen Brad Pitt in a movie I didn't enjoy. Love Meet Joe Black.

I'm glad I saw this -- I was channel surfing and just passed this movie.  I'm only sorry it's on a commercial channel.

Quote from: IcyBabeI do however have to swallow my pride everytime I see Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds, he CRACKS me up in that movie.

Normally I don't care for Tarantino (I know, sacrilege) but I loved Inglorious Basterds and Pitt's performance was just the main reason.  That scene in the theater when Raine was trying to pass himself off as Italian, I was on the floor laughing.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

not your typical...

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 08, 2011, 11:18:16 PM
Normally I don't care for Tarantino (I know, sacrilege) but I loved Inglorious Basterds and Pitt's performance was just the main reason.  That scene in the theater when Raine was trying to pass himself off as Italian, I was on the floor laughing.
OMD YES! That was hilarious! Just thinking about it is making me giggle.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: not your typical... on December 09, 2011, 12:10:45 AM

I love this -- it's an Italian audience reacting to that scene: the experts watch
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

not your typical...

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 09, 2011, 12:49:32 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 09, 2011, 12:10:45 AM

I love this -- it's an Italian audience reacting to that scene: the experts watch
"Bonjourno." LOL! XD