News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not your typical...

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 11, 2011, 03:44:28 AM
In every rodeo, probably every day somewhere in America.
Eww. That's animal cruelty.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

xSilverPhinx

I saw a documentary where people gutted live rattle snakes in before a rodeo show. Now that's cruelty.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2011, 06:17:33 PM
I saw a documentary where people gutted live rattle snakes in before a rodeo show. Now that's cruelty.

Why? Surely, it has to be easier to gut them once they're dead? And I can't imagine killing them would be that hard.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 11, 2011, 06:31:14 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2011, 06:17:33 PM

Why? Surely, it has to be easier to gut them once they're dead? And I can't imagine killing them would be that hard.

It was a show, and the crowd loved watching live rattlesnakes being slaughtered. ???

not your typical...

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2011, 06:32:29 PM
It was a show, and the crowd loved watching live rattlesnakes being slaughtered. ???
That's horrid!  >:( How could people enjoy that? It's sickening.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

xSilverPhinx

That's a good question actually. There might be an obsessive personality around some corner somewhere that will devote years of their lives to reach some sort of answer...

not your typical...

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 12, 2011, 06:37:36 AM
That's a good question actually. There might be an obsessive personality around some corner somewhere that will devote years of their lives to reach some sort of answer...
And by the time they reach their conclusion, I'll be long rotted in a dark alley somewhere that no one will find my body.

xSilverPhinx

I don't like dark allies and recently had the sense to stay away from them. I do like allies, however, and the sort of info they provide ;D

Pity I don't have any. :(

If there's ever an evil teacher following you, be careful.

not your typical...

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 13, 2011, 12:09:08 AM
If there's ever an evil teacher following you, be careful.
I think I'll heed your advice. But for my, I think it will mostly just be pissed ex-girlfriends of my pissed ex-boyfriends... If you couldn't tell, I tend to piss people off. :D

xSilverPhinx

Pissing people off is child's play...just like riding a sheep. ;D

not your typical...

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 13, 2011, 09:03:44 PM
No, riding sheep is animal abuse, pissing off people is a part of life. See the difference? ;)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: not your typical... on November 13, 2011, 09:06:13 PM
No, riding sheep is animal abuse, pissing off people is a part of life. See the difference? ;)

I was trying to go for a play on words, but yes. I guess if sheep could understand, they would be pissed off and throw a sheepish tantrum till they become lame, just like my attempts at puns. ;D

Tank

The riders don't come off too well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dFDQWnoKY
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Tank on November 14, 2011, 10:14:12 AM

The riders don't come off too well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dFDQWnoKY
More than one kind of sheep "rider" out there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNMq8XS4LhE
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

not your typical...

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 13, 2011, 10:47:47 PM
I was trying to go for a play on words, but yes. I guess if sheep could understand, they would be pissed off and throw a sheepish tantrum till they become lame, just like my attempts at puns. ;D
Haha. :D I think it'd be pretty amusing to see a sheep throw a 'sheepish tantrum'.