News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Whats up everyone?!

Started by danny boy, February 13, 2011, 07:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny boy

Hey,

My name is Dan, im 22. This is the first forum I've ever joined, so excuse me for a little while for being a newbie. A quick bio about me: I just graduated from the University of Michigan in May (we had Obama as our graduation speaker, an amazing experience). Within the last year, I've undergone a dramatic psychological shift where I began questioning all the dogma's I've followed throughout my life. It almost feels like I was asleep for the first 21 years of my life and I just woke up.

The main catalyst for this change was actually smoking pot. When I smoked, I interpreted the world in a completely different manner, and it led to a thirst for knowledge and mindfulness. One of the biggest changes I made was abandoning my Catholic roots. I always just kinda accepted God without examining it logically or rationally. Studying evolution and astronomy were the main forces that led me to believe that God doesn't exist (if you guys havent seen them, check out the tv shows Through the Wormhole, Planet Earth and The Universe). In general, it amazes and saddens me how many people I know that live monotonous, mindless lives in front of the TV. I'm ecstatic that I've finally found a place where people are rational, intelligent, and civil.

Oh, and two other things: I got a Vizsla puppy a few months back (check the breed out on youtube if you like dogs). It was one of the best decisions of my life - my dog is always happy and it helps me remember what's important in life. And.. I hate Fox News. Even though I support Obama, I would not consider myself a Democrat nor a Republican, and I deeply despise how Rupert Murdoch is polarizing the largest news channel in the U.S. (and thus millions of Americans) to make a profit. The media in general deserves blame (but I guess most of society does too).

Anyways, nice meeting ya'll.

Tank

Hi Danny

Glad to see another mind escape from the institutionalised superstitions we have come to know as religions.

Welcome to Happy Atheists, may your stay be long and fruitful.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

ForTheLoveOfAll

A pleasure to have you among us! Especially someone else who can respect the benefits of certain psychadelics.
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks

terranus

QuoteAnd.. I hate Fox News. Even though I support Obama, I would not consider myself a Democrat nor a Republican, and I deeply despise how Rupert Murdoch is polarizing the largest news channel in the U.S. (and thus millions of Americans) to make a profit.

You and me both brother.

Bonvenon al la Forumo!
[spoiler:2u7dpuao]Welcome to the Forum![/spoiler:2u7dpuao]
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--