News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

post deletions

Started by JoeBobSmith, February 08, 2011, 10:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBobSmith

:verysad:
JoeBobSmith

Tank

Deleting posts is generally a no-no on forums as it destroys the flow of threads. There is also the issue of quoted posts, if you want your posts deleted all the quotations of those posts would need to be deleted. If you want all your posts deleted then you'll have to convince Whitney that you have a pretty good reason that leaving your posts here would have a significant detrimental impact on your day-to-day life. When you signed up and read the rules you will have seen that your posts became part of the intellectual property of the forum owner. So it's up to Whitney.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

I generally don't delete posts (as in have never gone through and deleted individual posts that were not spam, will 'recycle' whole threads sometimes) for the reasons tank mentioned.

I don't think our sign up rules make the posts my intellectual property (haven't read them recently); but it's not like I can be ordered to delete the posts either.

JoeBobSmith

:(
JoeBobSmith

Whitney

When the posts in question are already scheduled for deletion in the recycling center there didn't seem to be a need to say anything...

JoeBobSmith

JoeBobSmith

Will

Hey, JoeBob. I was being serious when I asked you if you had a reason you wanted your posts deleted before the Recycling Center deletes the entire thread. If you have a specific reason, I'm more than happy to listen to you and consider it with as much objectivity as I can. I'm not a moderator to be a dick, out of some hunger for power, or to be a dictator, I moderate here because I like the forum and I want to contribute to a happy, healthy community which includes happy, healthy members.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

JoeBobSmith

ignore this post  :verysad:
JoeBobSmith

Will

Quote from: "JoeBobSmith"I did not like the crude language i used in referring to child abuse

it may make me look of bad character...which i'm not

that is all really
How's this?
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

JoeBobSmith

JoeBobSmith

Will