News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Kusa

A thread dedicated to gaining or losing weight. I love it. I lost a ton of weight last year.

xSilverPhinx

Some rice, lentils and beef. It's not the tastiest food in the world but it's food.   :-\

I wish I had some Italian food in front of me instead.  :yum: Or Chinese. Maybe some pizza (Italian again!). 

No one

I'm making:
Slow roasted chicken quesadillas
Mexican rice
Refried beans
Salsa

Dark Lightning

ATM, drinking a Samuel Adams Boston Lager. I bought some sweet Italian sausage to grill for dinner tonight. Bought San Francisco sourdough to wrap those babies in. The rest will be some sort of cooked vegetables. I like grilled vegetables, but I don't like the work. Stove or microwave for ease of prep!

Icarus

Sopa de Garbanzo.......Spanish bean soup.............small cubes of red potato, chopped onion, chopped celery, some garbanzo beans, garlic, a dash of cumen and a pinch of oregano, a bit of saffron, and Spanish (not Mexican type, it tastes different) chorizo sausage. all drowned with chicken broth.  Simmer for a while, then enjoy with some authentic Cuban bread.  Maybe some maia e maia...(help me out with my feeble Latino spelling Mags)...Half and  half.... It is half Cuban coffee and half hot milk. 

Real Cuban bread is indescribably delicious. There are many imposters that dare to call some variable of the French baguette, Cuban bread.  It is not the same by several miles.  Real Cuban bread invariably has a Palmetto leaf enclosed with the long skinny package.  I think that it is baked with that leaf resting the loaf. 

Dark Lightning

>:( The propane tank was empty. I boiled the sausages on the stove in a skillet and managed to scorch them. Feck. At least the microwave vegies came out OK.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 07, 2020, 03:21:56 AM
I boiled the sausages on the stove in a skillet and managed to scorch them. Feck.

Sounds like something I would do. :P

(The kitchen is not my friend...)

billy rubin

breakfast on the weekend

during the workweek i'm awak at 0300 and generally don't get back to the house until around 4 in the afternoon or so. in bed two hours later and asleep by 7. so i tend to eat poorly during the work week, just what i can pack in a plastic tub and buy at the truck stops. but on the weekends i can actually cook real food. this was all stir fried in butter over low heat and then hit with oregano. nothing else except black coffee.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bad Penny II

A banana sandwich for a late 2pm lunch.
Banana sandwiches and I have a history.
My mother would make them quite often
Difficult travail, just keep your bread dry
Don't sit on your banana, you'll eat well
Bread, a smear of yellow pseudo butter
Banana, sliced to 7mm a pinch of sugar
A cup of tea made properly with leaves
It is for such as this that the gods envy
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

billy rubin

poblano peppers stuffed with cheese, refried beans, rice

and a cheese enchilada

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on February 26, 2020, 10:25:26 PM
poblano peppers stuffed with cheese, refried beans, rice

and a cheese enchilada
Sounds good.
I made that last week.

Today I made chicharrones en salsa verde con
Serrano peppers and Thai chilis. Very hot m*** f***!
Rice, beans, grilled nopales, and handmade tortillas.

I said to my man, "This is good, hot and spicy but not so spicy that you can't tolerate it."
He said, "Me? Are you talking about me, did you just describe me?"

:hahaha...no:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Mr. B

That's a beautiful thing, when you can identify yourself...your personality by desrcibing food. Excellent crossover.

I am not currently eating anything but if I were to descrobe myself in food terms I would say I'm two days past my expiration date for meat products. That is to say, I'm questionable.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall