News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

That cornbread looks really good Billy. How did the flavor compare to course ground meal?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

A tin of Heinz Pea & Ham soup.

Wishing I had some corn bread to go with it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

hoecake . . . it sounds a lot like what we used to call corn pone.

when my lovely wife and i took up commercial beekeeping, we were super poor. sometimes had nothing but fried dough to eat. that was wheat dough.

one christmas we had nothing to eat except a pjece of salmon one of my beeyard landowners gave to us after a fishing trip, and a bottle of wine we saved from our wedding.

no money, but we dined on ocean salmon poached in champagne that evening.

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 30, 2019, 11:40:45 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 29, 2019, 01:43:23 AM
;D

We do have the Dell laptop Samantha Carter typed in the code that saved us from the Goa'uld invasion in the Holy Relics thread.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

fed the kids tofu curry for thanksgiving. one is vegan, i detezt meat, the number one son is tolerant, and his girlfriend had never eaten curry of any kind before.

no source of chutney for 75 miles. im going to see what i can cook up.

anybody have any recipes?

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on November 30, 2019, 04:47:31 PM
fed the kids tofu curry for thanksgiving. one is vegan, i detezt meat, the number one son is tolerant, and his girlfriend had never eaten curry of any kind before.

no source of chutney for 75 miles. im going to see what i can cook up.

anybody have any recipes?

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/chutney-recipes-indian-chutney-recipe/
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i can tell ^^^this is going to require creative substitution

curried possum with lambs quarters chutney perhaps

billy rubin

i may have zprung an alternate source.

my numbrr one daughter is in school in a college town-- lots of furriners,fringe elements and diverzity. she can get things i cant.  zhe called me up and zaid, what would you like for christmaz?

being a quaker, i dont go i n much for holidays. but i dont mind humoring the kids.

so i said chutney. and garam masala

woo, good choice, she says, being a vegan who is willing to entertain non-appalachian food

that suggeztion was a hit, so well see how it goes

Siz

^

Don't hold your breazh on the cutlery, Bizzy. Historically, this hasn't kicked-in until 1zzz posts.

Don't forget, Bad Penny II likes to be insulted in humourous ways. If I were you, I'd start off with something derogatory about his 'photo' of the box of eating-babies. Perhaps highlighting the lack of visual perspective of the writing relative to the box. Then maybe go on to suggest his photoshop standards are slipping. Yeah, try that.

What am I eating?
Jalapeno coleslaw with multiseed flatbread, easy-peel oranges, Cox apples and half a medium-sized bag of unsalted nuts and raisins.

Yep, start of my climb back down to a belly size commensurate to the proportions of all my other beautiful features.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

billy rubin

i didnt know badenny liv3d in virginia

Icarus

Quote from: billy rubin on December 09, 2019, 03:58:52 PM
i didnt know badenny liv3d in virginia

Collossal!  I had previously understood that "Virginia is for lovers". Who knew that there are cannibals there?

Second thought.  Part of Virginia has a common and nearby boundary with Washington D.C.