News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Today I made:
Won Ton soup
Crab Rangoons
Chicken Fried Rice
Shrimp with Lobster Sauce

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Peixe e fritas.

Anything that sounds more or less like 'chip' will be confused for SIM card, and I doubt those would make a fine side dish! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I'm a gonna get fish right one of these days.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

If you only do it once, it might be a fluke.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Sorry, did my response flounder?

Ecurb Noselrub

Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese.  From the website: Blarney Castle is a 100% natural grass-fed cheese whose recipe treads 600 years back to Ireland. Not containing an iota of artificial flavours or additives, this cheese is made from pasteurised cow's milk in Blarney, near Cork by the Irish Kerrygold brand.  The golden yellow Irish cheese is mild and creamy with hints of rich and velvety notes. It tastes very similar to a young Dutch Gouda cheese, making it perfect to pair with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling or Gewürztraminer and fresh fruit. The cheese can be used for cooking and complements any sandwich.

This has become my favorite cheese.  It's smoother than Gouda, IMHO, and goes well with Cabernet Sauvignon.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 20, 2019, 04:33:11 PM
Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese.  [...]goes well with Cabernet Sauvignon.
I think I want to try it. :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on May 20, 2019, 06:15:48 PM

Let me know if you like it.  I'm not a cheese snob, but I know what I like.

Tom62

I had "Schweinebraten mit Knödel" which is roast pork with dumplings. The meat took about 1 hour to prepare in the oven, but it was marvellous.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 20, 2019, 07:11:13 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 20, 2019, 06:15:48 PM

Let me know if you like it.  I'm not a cheese snob, but I know what I like.

OK, but first I have to try the Gouda.  :notsure:

I'm not a cheese snob either, I don't think I am...I hope I'm not...  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on May 21, 2019, 05:09:35 AM

OK, but first I have to try the Gouda. 

Definitely try Gouda.  When we traveled to Amsterdam a couple of years ago I loved going into the cheese shops, getting one of a bunch of different flavors of Gouda, a small bottle of red wine, and a small loaf of bread, and just sitting down and consuming it.  Just go with the plain Gouda, but there are also all kinds of herb Goudas, smoked Goudas, etc. 

No one

Escargot.
Spicy Chicken Sammich.
Double Cheeseburger.
RC Cola.
Biscuits and Pepper Gravy.
Hashbrown Casserole.
Over Easy Eggs.
Chocolate Milk.

jumbojak

I'm about to have something called a Brunwich. Roast beef, lamb, and fried eggs on a sub roll.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz