News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Icarus

Here are some pretty pictures of food that you can enjoy when in Toronto.
https://www.theringer.com/2019/2/18/18228969/toronto-food-diary

Yum!

hermes2015

For the last month I've cut back dramatically on carbohydrates (no sugar, potatoes, rice, and other high carb vegetables), but I DO eat cheese, lots of avocados, vegetables, plain yoghurt, tomatoes, olives, and moderate amounts of meat, chicken and fish.  In other words, I don't worry about my kilojoule intake, so never feel hungry or deprived in any way. I take a tablespoon of coconut oil every day, occasionally even in my coffee instead of creamer. I use coconut oil to fry onions and to sauté meat instead of oil.

The results have been good: so far I've lost a few kilos and feel really well, with fewer joint aches and pains. My doctor supports this 100%. She has always told me that there has been too much concern about fats in the diet, while the killer is really sugar and other carbs.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

"I take a tablespoon of coconut oil every day, "

That has some of the worst saturated fats you can find!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on February 25, 2019, 07:45:58 AM
"I take a tablespoon of coconut oil every day, "

That has some of the worst saturated fats you can find!

Yes, that's true. My intention really is to take in MCT (medium chain triglycerides), which is high in coconut oil, but I still had some coconut oil. I will replace it with pure MCT next time I shop.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Hermes, where is the most practical source for the Omega 3s?  I have read that fish do not make that stuff but that it comes from vegetation that the fish eat, including certain algae.   The fish apparently absorb some of it but the Omegas are then second hand.   Any truth to that?

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on February 25, 2019, 06:04:14 PM
Hermes, where is the most practical source for the Omega 3s?  I have read that fish do not make that stuff but that it comes from vegetation that the fish eat, including certain algae.   The fish apparently absorb some of it but the Omegas are then second hand.   Any truth to that?

I am not an expert, but have always followed the popular opinion that fish and cod liver oil are good sources. I believe that caviar, which is probably consumed by the kilo by people on your side of the tracks, is also good.
― Charles Eames

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Special K cereal, with a banana.  Reminds me of Team Flakes, which I haven't seen in decades.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

I made a nice batch of Gaspacho this evening.  To do it right it must be left in the fridge for a day or so. Time blends the ingredients in a most satisfying way.................that is if you are into that kind of food.  Tomato, cucumber, onion, celery, garlic, olive oil, chicken broth, oregano, paprika, a pinch of cumin, a pinch of salt, a tiny bit of rosemary,  a bit of wine vinegar, and some bread crumbs or croutons.  Served cold with some good bread like a French baguette or Chicago hard roll, it is yummy.............and healthy too.

The garlic, onion, or scallion leaves you unkissable for a day or two but it is worth the sacrifice. 

xSilverPhinx

Nothing, but craving basically anything for breakfast.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 17, 2019, 11:17:57 PM
Pizza Hut pizza. :grin:

Talking of Pizza Hut I had a half rack of ribs in their standard sauce. Afterwards I felt light headed so I took my blood glucose level 23!!! 4 to 6 is normal. under 10 is sort of acceptable. 20+ is Go to Hospital! I was Ok as I  knew the reason.

hermes2015

Fresh tzatziki with green and black Kalamata olives. To end with, chai tea latte.
― Charles Eames