News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on April 05, 2017, 08:29:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2017, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: Arturo on April 05, 2017, 07:54:14 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2017, 05:23:15 AM
Quote from: Arturo on April 05, 2017, 04:24:34 AM
My Dad married a white lady so I know only how to make white people food with no flavor. Not that white people food has no flavor. Just that she liked to make everything lack taste.
OK.
Maybe I used the wrong words... :notsure:
I should've said, plain steamed rice, not plain white rice.  :???:
How else do you make rice?

I'll share with you how I make my rice (Salvadoreño style  ;)):

1. Fry chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, chopped tomato.
2. Fry the rice with all that.
3. Add one cube of chicken Knorr Bouillon, Tomato, with Chicken Flavor.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

4. Add 11/2 to 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, then, cover reduce heat to low.
5. After a few minutes, stir everything one more time. Cover it again. Turn the heat off, let it continue cooking with the small of water left in it. (Do not uncover it until all the water is gone.)

~That's all.
:let'seat:

How do you make rice?

Never seen that tomato stock here, but got tomato puree.

Is the rice pre-steamed or boiled?
I'm not sure what that means... :notsure:
The rice I cook is just the regular rice that comes in a plastic bag. I guess we fry our rice, boil it, and steam it. 

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

^ When I fry my rice it is usually stuff that is either already cooked, by boiling or steaming, or "microwave" rice - in a sealed bag you zap for 4 mins in the microwave.

Then I let it lose most of its steam before putting it in the pan to fry with the goodies and then stir in the sauce and heat gently until mostly absorbed. The goodies will have had spices and herbs added during their frying time. The rice then absorbs some of these along with the tomato/garlic and-whatever-else-I-can-find-to-mix-in sauce.

So do you put raw rice in the pan then fry that with the other stuff, then cook it all in the added water?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on April 05, 2017, 09:15:27 PM
^ When I fry my rice it is usually stuff that is either already cooked, by boiling or steaming, or "microwave" rice - in a sealed bag you zap for 4 mins in the microwave.

Then I let it lose most of its steam before putting it in the pan to fry with the goodies and then stir in the sauce and heat gently until mostly absorbed. The goodies will have had spices and herbs added during their frying time. The rice then absorbs some of these along with the tomato/garlic and-whatever-else-I-can-find-to-mix-in sauce.
We have something like that, here, in the USA.

Convenient and delicious Uncle Ben's Ready Rice cooks rice in 90 seconds in the microwave.

Ready in 90 seconds with flavor and everything. A friend of mine used to make it, I'm not too crazy about it. The only thing I trust, that cooks in 90 seconds or less, and in a microwave, is water.  :shifty:
~I like food that takes a little bit longer than 90 seconds to cook.  :yum:

Quote from: Gloucester on April 05, 2017, 09:15:27 PM
So do you put raw rice in the pan then fry that with the other stuff, then cook it all in the added water?
Yes.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

4. Add 11/2 to 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, then, cover reduce heat to low.
5. After a few minutes, stir everything one more time. Cover it again. Turn the heat off, let it continue cooking with the small of water left in it. (Do not uncover it until all the water is gone.)

~That's all.

How do you make rice?
YUMMMMMM. Simple, yet undoubtedly delicious!  :yum:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on April 06, 2017, 12:20:35 AM

~That's all.

How do you make rice?
YUMMMMMM. Simple, yet undoubtedly delicious!  :yum:
:smilenod:

:secrets1: The only other person I've shared my delicious rice recipe with is my daughter. I only share it with those I love/like.

:love: :love:

Magdalena

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Tank

Banananananana

I know how to spell it but not when to stop!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Bacon sarnie with fried tomatoes.

Tom62

Dutch poffertjes with powdered sugar, strawberries,whipped cream and vanilla ice-cream.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

A little snack to go with my vino.

(The cheese is St Aigur, tasty but not too salty, almost "sweetish".)

Magdalena

^^
That looks good, Gloucester:yum: