News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The gospel is ridiculous!

Started by Fininho, January 21, 2011, 11:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "defendor"
Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"
Quote from: "defendor"Why do you guys hold such hostility to a God that doesn't exist?
:hissyfit:  :brick:  :|

your right
I'm glad you could see my point of view.

Whitney

Quote from: "defendor"Why do you guys hold such hostility to a God that doesn't exist?
:hissyfit:  :brick:  ;)

defendor

Quote from: "Tank"

The lack of a real 'God' is not a problem it's the fact that there are 10,000 or more 'gods' and they are all made up fairy tales to satisfy the egos/ignorance of a bunch of sycophantic, manipulative, megalomaniac, delusional, charismatic Alpha Males, who use mythology/superstition to exploit anybody they can.

I agree
I believe to understand Augustine

Einstein - You can talk about the ethical foundation of science, but you can't talk about the scientific foundation of ethics

C.S. Lewis

If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning. If there were no light in the universe, thus no creatures

defendor

your right[/quote]

you are or you're  ;)[/quote]

Thank you for correcting my grammatical error, but you haven't answered my question, so if you would continue to divert the attention of the subject matter and please point out my punctuation mistakes

Einstein - You can talk about the ethical foundation of science, but you can't talk about the scientific foundation of ethics

C.S. Lewis

If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning. If there were no light in the universe, thus no creatures

Sophus

Quote from: "defendor"Thank you for correcting my grammatical error, but you haven't answered my question, so if you would continue to divert the attention of the subject matter and please point out my punctuation mistakes
What subject matter? All you said was "you're right".
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "defendor"Thank you for correcting my grammatical error, but you haven't answered my question, so if you would continue to divert the attention of the subject matter and please point out my punctuation mistakes

The answer is is that we don't hate God.

Whitney

Quoteyour right

you are or you're  ;)

Thank you for correcting my grammatical error, but you haven't answered my question, so if you would continue to divert the attention of the subject matter and please point out my punctuation mistakes

I actually already addressed that...I think you should read the forum rules, consider this your 'friendly' warning.

defendor

so maybe you're not liable to speak on this, but if God doesn't exist, why is there such mockery of claims about God? Why care?

C.S. Lewis

Tom62

In any kind of management position, you tell your staff to obey certain rules. If you don't live by the same rules yourself, then you loose all respect from your staff. The applies for the God of the Bible as well. How is it possible to respect and worship a God, who has no problems to violate his own moral codes?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

defendor

Thank you for correcting my grammatical error, but you haven't answered my question, so if you would continue to divert the attention of the subject matter and please point out my punctuation mistakes[/quote]

I actually already addressed that...I think you should read the forum rules, consider this your 'friendly' warning.[/quote]

Ok, maybe I misread what tone you had on you're response, but it seemed belittling and had nothing to do with the thought of my statement, so I took it as a snide remark.  But, I don't understand what I'm being warned for.

C.S. Lewis

LegendarySandwich

so maybe you're not liable to speak on this, but if God doesn't exist, why is there such mockery of claims about God? Why care?
Because of how prevalent theism is in our society.

Also, if someone said that Hitler was a good role model, wouldn't you ridicule his beliefs?

defendor

Quote from: "Tom62"In any kind of management position, you tell your staff to obey certain rules. If you don't live by the same rules yourself, then you loose all respect from your staff. The applies for the God of the Bible as well. How is it possible to respect and worship a God, who has no problems to violate his own moral codes?

Before I answer this I would like to ask you a few questions I don't mean to be rude or prying but it would be appreciated, I don't mind if you choose not to answer them, have you once, at any time been a "Christian"? What are your views on God now?  What is good?

C.S. Lewis

Stevil

Because there are a lot of Christians that are hell bent on trying to convert non Christians.
Because there are a lot of religious people trying to push their morals and sin system onto others

defendor

Because there are a lot of Christians that are hell bent on trying to convert non Christians.
Because there are a lot of religious people trying to push their morals and sin system onto others[/quote]

That may be so, but how do people in abuse of a philosophy, disqualify the philosophy itself?

C.S. Lewis

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "defendor"have you once, at any time been a "Christian"?
Yes.

QuoteWhat are your views on God now?
The Abrahamic gods? I know with reasonable certainty that they don't exist. As to any god in general, I think that they probably don't exist, but I don't deny their existence as I couldn't possibly know.

QuoteWhat is good?
The opposite of bad -- that is to say, things I like.