News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Fort Wayne mom kills son in botched exorcism

Started by Whitney, January 06, 2011, 09:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

source: http://www.examiner.com/humanist-in-nat ... cism-video
QuoteReligion gone wrong. In Indiana a Fort Wayne mom killed her three year old son in a botched exorcism. Latisha Lawson, 31, has been charged in the death of her son, Jezaih King.

While attempting an exorcism, Lawson forced her two children to drink a mixture of oil and vinegar because she believed they were both demon possessed. Lawson told police she couldn’t take her son’s temper tantrums, and believed they were signs of possession.

According to reports, Lawson’s daughter, Kierra King, 10, vomited when given the mixture. However Lawson's son Jezaih was not so fortunate. Jezaih was given the oil and vinegar three times. On the third time, Lawson told detectives she held Jezaih’s mouth shut for about 10 minutes until he stopped breathing.

Perhaps even more bizarre, the exorcism and death occurred over a year ago. According to Lawson the death occurred in November of 2009. After killing her son Lawson never contacted emergency medical services. Instead, she wrapped his body in a blanket and put it in her bedroom closet.

It was only last week that the decomposing body of Jezaih King was found in a tote bag. Lawson, who had recently been homeless, had been carrying the remains of the dead child with her for over a year.

Currently Lawson faces multiple felony counts of battery and neglect of a dependent. Lawson is being held on $130,000 bond. An initial court hearing is scheduled for Thursday.

Lawson's deeply felt religious convictions, her delusion, had tragic consequences. Often extremely religious people believe that they have the power to do supernatural things, like casting out demons. Such belief is delusional. Demons are but a figment of the imagination, a ready made explanation for the ignorant and superstitious.  

Davin

Swallowing oil and vinegar to expel demons is crazy enough, carrying her dead son in a duffel bag for a year is even more so.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Article"It was only last week that the decomposing body of Jezaih King was found in a tote bag. Lawson, who had recently been homeless, had been carrying the remains of the dead child with her for over a year.

WTF.

Asmodean

You know what is also said to kill demons..? Stakes. And silver bullets. They are said not to take fire too wel either, what being from Hell and all... And drowning. That works too.

If you are crazy enough to exorcise your kids, why not at least do it with style?!  :rant:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

....just. No word. None.

If there is anything I truly loath and hate, it's those that hurt children. :shake:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Tank

She was obviously deeply deluded. Barking mad probably. I'm sorry for the kids but the mother must have been right off her head to do something like that. What she needs is care, what she'll get is a prison cell.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

But don't you guys get it? This is cause for celebration! To celebrate the life of the child! And now to celebrate that Jesus has called the tyke home to be with Jesus for an eternity.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Cecilie

Quote from: "Asmodean"Stakes.
Vampires.
Quote from: "Asmodean"And silver bullets.
Werewolves.
The world's what you create.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Cecilie"
Quote from: "Asmodean"Stakes.
Vampires.
Quote from: "Asmodean"And silver bullets.
Werewolves.
Not demons..? But... But...  :eek:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

When a woman kills her children I assume she's mad.
I don't feel the urge for retribution.
The circumstances are strange? Well that's madness for you.

Sophus

So when does this thriller, based on true events, exorcist movie come out?  :|
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver