News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

45 Life-Taught Lessons

Started by terranus, January 04, 2011, 07:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

23. All good things in life are either indecent, illegal or it makes you fat
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Quote from: "Guy I suspect of having a red sports car"21. DON'T PANIC
Quote from: "Sandwich"22. It's okay to panic.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

Some Chinese wisdom this time

25.  Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
26.  If you don't want anyone to know it, don't do it
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Guardian85

27. Question authority.

Just because someone is older or higher up then you doesn't mean they aren't full of it.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

LegendarySandwich

28. Question everything.
29. Teach your kids how to think for their goddamn selves; don't just tell them to do something because you said so, and you're the authority figure.

Recusant

I see we still have a way to go to get to 45...

My earlier contribution was 16. Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I now present 30. Richard Bos's Corollary to Hanlons's Razor: Stupidity maintained long enough is a form of malice.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

31. A person may well be smart, but people are idiots.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hismikeness

32. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

hismikeness

33. Scars are souvenirs you never lose. --John Rzeznik
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

LegendarySandwich

34. Long lists of things of sayings regarded as wisdom are stupid.

Tom62

35. There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Robert A. Heinlein

LegendarySandwich

65. You should try to remember what number you're on when making a list.

Tom62

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"65. You should try to remember what number you're on when making a list.
What do you expect at one in the morning  :shake: .
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Quote from: hismikeness on February 17, 2011, 09:03:38 PM
33. Scars are souvenirs you never lose. --John Rzeznik

^^^ This is one of the biggest reasons I've never felt any need or desire to get tattooed.  Between my crazy life and the world's random yet significant contributions, I carry enough signs and symbols without paying somebody to put their art into my skin. To be clear: I had plenty of friends who were tattooed back before it became common, and I've got nothing against it. "Onward thru the Fog!" <~~ Some old time heads may recognize that phrase.

36. "You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know." — John Perry Barlow
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey