News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Talk about Movies!

Started by deekayfry, December 25, 2010, 07:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deekayfry

I figure I would start a thread  about movies.  Basically the sky is the limit.

Things like

-What have you watched recently?
-What is your favorite?
-List a top ten
-Discuss a movie recent or old or whatever
-Talk about actors and actresses
-Movie genre (horror, drama, cartoons, indies, etc.)
-Prequels, sequals, series

I'll start

KD and I watched Despicable Me and How to Train Your Dragon.  We liked Despicable Me, and absolutely loved How to Train Your Dragon.
I told the people of my district that I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but if not ... you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.-  Davey Crockett, 1834

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ihateyoumike

Watched those two recently myself. Kinda have to with a 4 year old in the house. I liked Despicable Me, but How to Train Your Dragon was far better. My favorite of those animated movies is probably Up. The talking dog just kills me... "SQUIRREL!"
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

KDbeads

We should add why we loved How To Train Your Dragon, eh?

Toothless bears a striking resemblance to our Sumi.  Same facial expressions, attitude, color etc.  I swear whoever animated it had a Burmese cat specifically Sumi.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

KDbeads

Let us not forget the Cone of Shame :yay:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Will

Recently, I watched Tron: Legacy. I really enjoyed the original as a kid on VHS, and it was a real treat to see a Tron movie in the theater in 3D with the plethora of dazzling visual effects. The story was a tiny bit cliched, but Tron really isn't meant to be Tolstoy. I had a blast. I also saw Fair Game, the docudrama about the Valerie Plame affair a few years back. It was absolutely excellent. At the time, I followed the leak of Valerie Plame in the news very closely and it was wonderful the writers stuck to the facts so carefully while still managing to make the story seem human. And Naomi Watts is absolutely gorgeous, so the eye-candy was just a bonus.

My favorite movie? That's a tough one. I really like action serials like Indiana Jones (particularly Raiders of the Lost Ark), but I also like intellectual dramas like Solaris. I love science fiction films like Children of Men and Contact (the book was better, but the movie was good). If I had to choose an absolute favorite movie of all time, it'd have to be Lawrence of Arabia. It manages to be a massive movie while still being fascinating on a character level. It created the film epic.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.