News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

SPLIT: From The terrifying afterlife thread

Started by Inevitable Droid, December 15, 2010, 08:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

Quote from: "Achronos"
Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"Imagining that Elvis Presley is talking to you in your mind is the same thing as imagining a God is talking to you in your mind. In neither case would I think that a reasonable thing to believe, unless sufficient evidence were given in favor of it.
Neither would I.  I'm not speaking of hearing voices in one's head (or outside one's head for that matter).

With zero feedback is it still.... a relationship?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

DJAkuma

human experience is a pretty unreliable thing, as are the senses as far as proving anything. That's why eyewitness testimony is mostly disregarded in science without other evidence to back it up.

Since all of the arguments for the existence of a deity that aren't directly refuted by science rely on individual experiences they can and should be rejected out of hand for the same reason we reject claims of UFO abduction without evidence.

When you exit the freeway and get on city streets for a bit it feels like you're going much slower than you really are. Does this mean that you've managed to slow time down?