News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Going on vacation

Started by McQ, June 22, 2007, 02:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

I just wanted to let you all know that I'll be even more of missing person than usual next week. Taking the family to the Grand Canyon. We leave Saturday and return the following Saturday.

I may take my computer with me. Not sure yet. Even if I do, I don't know what kind of internet access I'll have.

I am looking forward to this trip. I have never been in the Canyon, I've only overflown it. Should be fun.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Squid

Cool, have a good time.  Let me know if you come across any of the creationist version literature about the canyon.

McQ

Quote from: "Squid"Cool, have a good time.  Let me know if you come across any of the creationist version literature about the canyon.

Oh yeah, I'll be looking for that stuff and gathering it! I will also quiz the National Park Service people I run into and see what they think of all that crap. Hopefully, they'll not be too tight lipped. I'll file a complete report here when I get back.
--Penn Jillette

Squid

Sweet.

tacoma_kyle

Haha.

Have fun! The closest thing to the grand Canyon for me is this place called Crack in the Ground, lol. Its that! ...
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

joeactor

Quote from: "McQ"I just wanted to let you all know that I'll be even more of missing person than usual next week. Taking the family to the Grand Canyon. We leave Saturday and return the following Saturday.
I may take my computer with me. Not sure yet. Even if I do, I don't know what kind of internet access I'll have.
I am looking forward to this trip. I have never been in the Canyon, I've only overflown it. Should be fun.
Way kool...

I hear the Grand Canyon was carved out in some kind of giant flood.  Killed damn near everything.  Wasn't too long ago too.

Think it'll rain?

Have a great time with the fam ;-)

JoeActor

McQ

Quote from: "joeactor"
Quote from: "McQ"I just wanted to let you all know that I'll be even more of missing person than usual next week. Taking the family to the Grand Canyon. We leave Saturday and return the following Saturday.
Way kool...

I hear the Grand Canyon was carved out in some kind of giant flood.  Killed damn near everything.  Wasn't too long ago too.

Think it'll rain?

JoeActor

I heard that too. I'll try to get some scientific looking brochures on it.
I'm taking my rigid inflatable boat with me just in case.

You guys play nice while I'm gone.

:wink:

Oh, by the way HA members. Although Joe is probably too modest to put it here, he does some awesome voice over work. I'll let him elaborate after you pepper him with questions. Sorry for ratting you out Joe!
--Penn Jillette

Reasoner

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "joeactor"Way kool...

Think it'll rain?

JoeActor

I heard that too. I'll try to get some scientific looking brochures on it.
I'm taking my rigid inflatable boat with me just in case.

You guys play nice while I'm gone.

:wink:

Oh, by the way HA members. Although Joe is probably too modest to put it here, he does some awesome voice over work. I'll let him elaborate after you pepper him with questions. Sorry for ratting you out Joe!
McQ, Thanks for the info on Joe; it sent me to his website. Have a great trip!

Joe, there's some fun stuff to hear on your site. You're a versatile performer.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it."- Lily Tomlin

SteveS

Sounds cool, have fun McQ!

joeactor

Quote from: "McQ"Oh, by the way HA members. Although Joe is probably too modest to put it here, he does some awesome voice over work. I'll let him elaborate after you pepper him with questions. Sorry for ratting you out Joe!
Hey, what are friends for?

Thanks for the kind words McQ and Reasoner.

Happy to have any of the HA'ers visit my site and set a spell!

Please feel free to pass on my web site (JoeActor.com) to anyone you think has need of my unique abilities.  It'd be my pleasure to help them out with their project.

Heck, if I land a gig from your reference, I'll send you a rubber chicken!
(long story, I'll post elsewhere sometime)

Threadjack... finished!

Happy vacation McQ,
JoeActor

McQ

Hey gang!

My Grand Canyon Adventure was decidedly un-creationist as far as the National Park Service was concerned. I was happy to see all of the real geology being taught by the staff.

No single flood nonsense. They talked of the millions of years that the Colorado River cut through the rock. Spectacular!

Words and pictures just can't describe the awesome canyon. If you've never seen it, make the trip. I met a guy from Germany who was making his third trip to the canyon. He loves to study geologic formations, and just keeps coming back because there is always something new to discover and learn.

On a funny note (now), one of my teenage sons decided he knew all there was about hiking (wouldn't listen to my advice) and took off with one water bottle for a hike to the bottom from the South Rim. Long story short: my whole body hurts from going after the dufus to retrieve his sorry butt after he got dehydrated three miles along the trail and couldn't hike back. I was this "." close to letting him bake down there.  :roll:

Apparently, he will now take my advice on certain things, like how not to die in the Grand Canyon.

Yeesh!

http://mcq.smugmug.com/photos/168444445-L.jpg
--Penn Jillette

Reasoner

Quote from: "McQ"Hey gang!

My Grand Canyon Adventure was decidedly un-creationist as far as the National Park Service was concerned. I was happy to see all of the real geology being taught by the staff.

No single flood nonsense. They talked of the millions of years that the Colorado River cut through the rock. Spectacular!

Words and pictures just can't describe the awesome canyon. If you've never seen it, make the trip. I met a guy from Germany who was making his third trip to the canyon. He loves to study geologic formations, and just keeps coming back because there is always something new to discover and learn.

On a funny note (now), one of my teenage sons decided he knew all there was about hiking (wouldn't listen to my advice) and took off with one water bottle for a hike to the bottom from the South Rim. Long story short: my whole body hurts from going after the dufus to retrieve his sorry butt after he got dehydrated three miles along the trail and couldn't hike back. I was this "." close to letting him bake down there.  :roll:

Apparently, he will now take my advice on certain things, like how not to die in the Grand Canyon.

Yeesh!

http://mcq.smugmug.com/photos/168444445-L.jpg
McQ;
Kids will find a way to both terrify you and get you exhausted. Glad everybody's back safe.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it."- Lily Tomlin

MommaSquid

McQ, I'm glad your son's dehydration story was more embarrassing than tragic.   Did he really think he could tackle the Canyon with one tiny bottle of water?   :D

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"McQ, I'm glad your son's dehydration story was more embarrassing than tragic.   Did he really think he could tackle the Canyon with one tiny bottle of water?   :D

I had the pilot honk the horn. You heard it, right?  :D

My sons are very headstrong, which can serve them well in their lives, but makes my life an uphill struggle!
--Penn Jillette