News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Vatican's 10 Commandments for drivers

Started by lafilip, June 19, 2007, 04:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lafilip

Yahoo Article

The "Drivers' Ten Commandments," as listed by the document, are:

1. You shall not kill.

2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.

3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.

4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.

5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.

6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.

7. Support the families of accident victims.

8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.

9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.

10. Feel responsible toward others.

I would pay to see everyone in rush hour traffic doing the following:

And it suggested prayer might come in handy â€" making the sign of the cross before starting off and saying the rosary along the way.

tacoma_kyle

What? Is that for real?
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

Will

11. You can use seat belts, but don't you dare wear a condom!
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

SteveS

This was hilarious, lafilip!  Oh man, do you think Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron are going to start harassing people with these next?

Quote2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
No problem, I never use the road for mortal harm.  My vehicle, however, is a different story.  (Ba-bum-bum).

Quote5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
:lol:  Forgive me father, for I have sinned.  I bullied my way through a 4-way stop when it wasn't even my turn.....

Quote from: "Willravel"11. You can use seat belts, but don't you dare wear a condom!
:lol:

How come they didn't have a "no parking" commandment (you know, the good kind of parking)?  Like:

12. Thou shalt not use thy parked vehicle as a den of fornication.

Whitney

They should have included "Thou shalt not honk at someone just because they are in the lane you want to be in"  That happens a lot here and is very annoying.

tacoma_kyle

Quote from: "Willravel"11. You can use seat belts, but don't you dare wear a condom!

Apparently if AIDS is involved the pope says it is a exception. Seriously, saw it on the news some 6 months back.

lafilip

Quote from: "tacoma_kyle"What? Is that for real?

I wish I was clever enough to make this up.  This story was on every major news outlet here in Chicago.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "lafilip"I wish I was clever enough to make this up.  This story was on every major news outlet here in Chicago.

I saw that in the paper today...

How bored is the Pope?

tacoma_kyle

Well he just waves to people all day and find ways to protect petofile ministers, lol.

Ok that was a hair extreme...maybe?