News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by Whirling Moat, December 04, 2010, 01:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whirling Moat

Peace...

I am Whirling Moat.  

I am a theist of sorts...I beleive in God, however, I do not believe in a god besides Man...I do believe in the sanctity of the scriptures of the Abrahamic faiths and certain others, however, I do not believe that these scriptures were revealed by a formless, magical being sitting on a throne in the clouds, instead I believe that were revealed to humanity by Men who by variuos methods were raised into the Divine State.  I also believe that the Author of the scriptures did not intend for the student to take the entire message literally.  

I am a experienced blogger on these types of forums and so while I am here to challenge Atheism ( I am being forthright) I will make my arguments in a respectful manner and without malice.

Ihateyoumike

As long as you're an experienced enough blogger to know to follow the rules, we'll all get along just fine.

Welcome aboard!
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Cecilie

Welcome Whirling Moat.
The world's what you create.

McQ

Welcome, Whirling Moat. I like your refreshing forthright-ness and find your spiritual stance quite interestIng. I hope you have some interesting thoughts to share as well.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

wildfire_emissary

Welcome to HAF.
Do you like castles and ivory towers?
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Tank

Hi WM

Welcome aboard, I've been away for a couple of weeks an I'm playing catch up on my greeting duties!

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Inevitable Droid

Quote from: "Whirling Moat"I am a theist of sorts...I beleive in God, however, I do not believe in a god besides Man...I do believe in the sanctity of the scriptures of the Abrahamic faiths and certain others, however, I do not believe that these scriptures were revealed by a formless, magical being sitting on a throne in the clouds, instead I believe that were revealed to humanity by Men who by variuos methods were raised into the Divine State.  I also believe that the Author of the scriptures did not intend for the student to take the entire message literally.

Drat.  I wish I had read Whirling Moat's introduction earlier.  I had no idea that when he called himself a Muslim, he was redefining the term so idiosyncratically.  And now, unfortunately, I think he may have left us. :verysad:

Whirling Moat, if you ever return, I would enjoy discussing your words above.  My interest is curiosity rather than dispute.  You seem to view Islam as a system of thought and behavior that can lead to self-actualization, or, if you prefer, self-divinization.  I view self-actualization as one of the four great practical goods of a sane and competent society, the other three being personal responsibility, benevolence, and fairness.  If Islam, employed in your idiosyncratic manner, can help a person self-actualize, then I would want to extract from it the essence that allows it to do that, and discard the remainder.
Oppose Abraham.

[Missing image]

In the face of mystery, do science, not theology.