News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Will anyone here admit to this?-A replacement

Started by Ned, November 17, 2010, 08:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned

Seeing as the other thread  got locked, I thought I would open this one to see if anyone at all wants to admit that they have received a calling to praise the Lord.  I would appreciate it if people could try to take the question seriously this time and avoid going off-topic.

Whitney

Asmodean

Still, he did ask for a serious response, and at least one he shall have (I have nothing better to do, you see  :P )

No, Ned, I have never recieved such a calling, be it in writing, orally or by any other means. I do not worship your or any other lord. I do not believe in gods, and even if I did, the Abrahamic god is not deserving of my praise.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Ned"I thought I would open this one to see if anyone at all wants to admit that they have received a calling to praise the Lord.

No, but if this kind of thing persists, perhaps you could try some medication, or are you already doing that?

Gawen

Quote from: "Ned"...I thought I would open this one to see if anyone at all wants to admit that they have received a calling to praise the Lord.
I haven't received my sign up and bonus fees yet.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Ihateyoumike

I signed up for the national "no call" list but they slip through sometimes. Luckily though, I just don't pick up when I don't know the phone number... And I guess the lord's too busy to leave a message and call back number.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"And I guess the lord's too busy to leave a message and call back number.
"Lord" doesn't have a phone. They didn't have that in the bronze age, see...

There are those who actually think that in an event of a war in heaven, swords, and not nukes on a massive scale, would be the weapon of choice.

Me, I think a nuke is a bit more potent. Satan, he has some yes?  :pop:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "Ned"Seeing as the other thread  got locked, I thought I would open this one to see if anyone at all wants to admit that they have received a calling to praise the Lord.  I would appreciate it if people could try to take the question seriously this time and avoid going off-topic.

How would we be called by something that doesn't exist?  Why would we feel a desire to praise something we don't think is real?  Do Christians feel urges to praise Zeus?

hismikeness

Shit, I would raise my own grandma, not to mention any lord.

Oh... praise! Nope, none of those for me.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Asmodean

Quote from: "Kylyssa"Do Christians feel urges to praise Zeus?
...Only when a lightning zaps their bottoms, methink.  :|
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Kylyssa"Do Christians feel urges to praise Zeus?
...Only when a lightning zaps their bottoms, methink.  :|

Someone else's bottom, I would have thought.
And stop looking at hismikeness's avatar, it's leading you astray.

Asmodean

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"And stop looking at hismikeness's avatar, it's leading you astray.
Nope. I'm faithful to my left hand. oO(And my ex... And that girl at the bar... And that other girl I've met under suspicious circumstances... And...) *straightens the halo*  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.