News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Will anyone here admit to this?

Started by Ned, November 16, 2010, 07:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

Quote from: "Ned"Surely I cannot be the only person who at this time of year feels a great urge to eulogise the Almighty God?
Which one?
And how can you give high praise or commendation some invisible entity that has no bearing whatsoever in our world?
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

i_am_i

Quote from: "Ned"Apologies, I can no longer restrain myself;

Glory to Thee who has shown us the light.
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, goodwill to all people.
We praise you, we bless you, we worship you, we glorify you, we give thanks to you for your great glory.
Lord, King, heavenly God, Father, almighty; Lord, the onlyâ€'begotten Son, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit.
Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father who take away the sin of the world, have mercy on us, you who take away the sins of the world.
Receive our prayer, you who sit at the right hand of the Father, and have mercy on us.
For you only are holy, only you are Lord
Jesus Christ, to the glory of God the Father. Amen.
Each day we bless you, and we praise your name forever and to the ages of ages.

Fuck you, Ned.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Ned

Quote from: "i_am_i"Fuck you, Ned.
Was that really necessary?

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Ned"
Quote from: "i_am_i"Fuck you, Ned.
Was that really necessary?

The same could be asked of your shitposting.

You're a Christian, we get that much.  Cool, I'm happy for you.  Si-i-i-i-nce you're a Christian, kindly take heed of your Messiah's words:

Quote from: "Matthew, in Chpt 5, vs 6-7,"5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Asmodean

Can this be the first in our brand new peculiar-troll-thread?  :hmm:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Thumpalumpacus

Whitney

I think it goes without saying (though I still have to say it) that Ned will get a warning if he posts something preachy again (assuming this time was meant in humor because it was rather silly).

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Whitney"I think it goes without saying (though I still have to say it) that Ned will get a warning if he posts something preachy again (assuming this time was meant in humor because it was rather silly).

In the interest of fairness, you should warn me for rudeness, too.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"In the interest of fairness, you should warn me for rudeness, too.
YOU take so long between oversteps (seen in relation to good and ok posts rather than time) that there really is little practical sense in warning you, methink  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

metaed

Quote from: "Ned"Surely I cannot be the only person who at this time of year feels a great urge to eulogise the Almighty God?

I imagine I'll sing to the dying sun, plead with it to come back, light fires to attract it, that sort of thing. I'll not bother with the whole blood sacrifice thing, though. Messy.

Oh, look! Mistletoe!  :cool:
--
Sometimes they fool you by walking upright.

Whitney

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Whitney"I think it goes without saying (though I still have to say it) that Ned will get a warning if he posts something preachy again (assuming this time was meant in humor because it was rather silly).

In general I only warn the person who "started it" unless things get really out of hand.

That said, I would warn I_am_I for the fuck you response before I'd warn you for telling someone they are shitposting when they are, well, shitposting.

i_am_i

Quote from: "Whitney"

In general I only warn the person who "started it" unless things get really out of hand.

That said, I would warn I_am_I for the fuck you response before I'd warn you for telling someone they are shitposting when they are, well, shitposting.

That prayer or whatever you want to call it that Ned posted was itself a "fuck you" to the rest of us. I responded in kind. But I defer to your judgement, Whitney, and I apologize to you and only to you.
Call me J

Sapere aude

metaed

Personally I got a chuckle out of it, because Ned promised and delivered God's eulogy---that is, a formal expression of praise for someone dead.  :cool:
--
Sometimes they fool you by walking upright.

Sophus

I thought Ned was being satirical of Christians. This guy is for real?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Matt

[spoiler:3lt57vyz]
[/spoiler:3lt57vyz]
Actually, your god was nailed to a cross too.