News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Introducing Wilson

Started by Wilson, November 13, 2010, 02:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

Just your everyday 69 year old atheist here.

Grew up in a Methodist household in Louisiana and became an infidel around the time I went to college.  Talking about myself I find boring so I'll just relate one little story.

Sometime around 1971, living in Southern California as a young man with a woman who would become my lifelong wife, we had a routine where every alternate week one of us would take the other some place as a surprise.  One of her surprises turned out to be an atheist convention in Los Angeles.  The leader of the program was Madeline Murray O'Hair.  So I came in contact with the most prominent atheist of the time.  I don't remember learning a lot about atheism but recall that awards were decreed for most impressive atheist and for biggest hypocrite of the year.

wildfire_emissary

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

wildfire_emissary

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Tank

Hi Wilson.

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Hello Wilson, I see you've met Tank and the Wildfire twins.

wildfire_emissary

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Hello Wilson, I see you've met Tank and the Wildfire twins.
I was using Ultima's mouse.

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "wildfire_emissary"
Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Hello Wilson, I see you've met Tank and the Wildfire twins.
I was using Ultima's mouse.

Ah, I thought so.

Philipines not Philistines, country names can be a problem.
Our Prime Minister attended the G20 in Seoul, dolls were made of the attendees in national dress, our PM's doll got dressed up in an Austrian Sound Of Music type outfit.

Thumpalumpacus

Return the favor with the RoK prez dressed up like Tojo.
Illegitimi non carborundum.