News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Spamming for Christ

Started by Squid, May 28, 2007, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

So it seems that someone took it upon themselves to spam the board with antiatheist posts - repeated posts.  I find this funny.  Was it not Yeshua who preached tolerance and humility?  To even love those who you see as an enemy?  Hmm...

What we have is not any following of religious teachings but a simple human characteristic.  What is displayed overtly is outgroup bias. This is a psychological phenomena that occurs frequently in human groups.  We have someone who has two categories in mind Christians and Atheists.  Anyone Christian is part of the ingroup and seen as similar and a non-threat.  Atheists are the outgroup and seen as some sort of threat, something which elicits types of aggressive beahavior - manifesting itself in this way through hate filled spam posts.

Maybe this person should actually take the time to evaluate what they have done.  Will this be successful in "saving" anyone in the Christian sense? When was the last time you punched someone in the face and they thanked you for it?

This is not Christian "love", this is not even understanding it is plain old human intolerance, hate and aggression to kill, maim, destroy and disparage that which we see and different or strange.

So to the spammer, if they even would take the time to read this - what is it you hope to accomplish?  To strike fear into us? Sorry, you failed.  To somehow destroy our self esteem or any pride we feel? Nope, you failed there as well.  The only thing you've successfully produced in your acts is a disdain for you and others like you - you intolerant assholes are what drag our species down - you are truly the festering rot of the Earth.

donkeyhoty

I concur.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

joeactor

Amen to that ;-)

Ingodwetrust

actually it also says in the bible to preach goDs word. which is what wE from www.christianforums.com have been doing we accept those who accept JeSUs  Christ as their savior.

Squid

There's a difference between preaching the word of God and beating someone over the head with it while demeaning them.  If you wish to discuss your views, fine - many have come here and done so in a calm and inviting manner.  There is no opposition to that.  Your tactics are not conducive to having someone consider your position.

Ingodwetrust

from someone right in the bible belt, almost the crotch of Christianity, you really do know nothing. squid you are a failure and Satin will sodomize you in hell!

Squid

That's extremely childish.

McQ

Quote from: "Ingodwetrust"from someone right in the bible belt, almost the crotch of Christianity, you really do know nothing. squid you are a failure and Satin will sodomize you in hell!

LOL! You're a funny, funny guy!

Stupid, but funny.  :lol:

By the way, how does Satin commit sodomy? And does it have a harder time doing it than say, wool, cotton, or nylon? I'm guessing it would have an easier time, being all slippery and stuff. What do you think, Ingodwetrust?

Oh, also, when you mention God, you're supposed to capitalize the "G", not the "D", dufus.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Squid

Well, you know McQ, satin always has been considered an elegant and decadent.

McQ

Quote from: "Squid"Well, you know McQ, satin always has been considered an elegant and decadent.

Very true, Squid. Very true.  :wink:
--Penn Jillette

Ingodwetrust

Squid

Ah, the insanity of Comfort and Cameron.  The design of the banana....and the nose was obviously designed to wear glasses.

Kestrel

Quote from: "Ingodwetrust"actually it also says in the bible to preach goDs word. which is what wE from www.christianforums.com have been doing we accept those who accept JeSUs  Christ as their savior.

Someone's having some fun.
The bold letters from the above post are, D,E,S,U.

"used".

This Japanese vase has a "made in China" stamp.

heh.
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

McQ

Quote from: "Kestrel"
Quote from: "Ingodwetrust"actually it also says in the bible to preach goDs word. which is what wE from www.christianforums.com have been doing we accept those who accept JeSUs  Christ as their savior.

Someone's having some fun.
The bold letters from the above post are, D,E,S,U.

"used".

This Japanese vase has a "made in China" stamp.

heh.

Certainly seems that way, doesn't it?
--Penn Jillette

tacoma_kyle

But sadly it is actually 'made in America.'
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol