News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hard to top that...

Started by Category, October 07, 2010, 01:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Category

After reading the goblin's intro, I feel like I should add my own style and uniqueness to an introduction...

Hi.
I ask theists if God is omnipotent. They say yes.
I ask theists if God loves us. They say yes.
I read the news paper or look on the web or remember other people's sad stories or remember things that happened to me...and I see that no omnipotent entity loves us.
I ask theists if they can prove their god. They can't.
So, I have excellent reason to

PoopShoot

All hail Cancer Jesus!

Category

I read the news paper or look on the web or remember other people's sad stories or remember things that happened to me...and I see that no omnipotent entity loves us.

The Magic Pudding

I'll just add a quick hello, and leave you two to your loven.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Category"I do feel so loved already.
Wanna get some coffee?
All hail Cancer Jesus!

chrome

:headbang:  :yay:  :bananacolor:  :headbang:  :yay:  :bananacolor:  :headbang:  :bananacolor:

Nothing says 'hi' better than dancing Emoji!

Category

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "Category"I do feel so loved already.
Wanna get some coffee?

I'd love to, although I'm curious if there's a section to post more personal questions (looking for advice in my situation)? I've browsed through, just haven't found anything yet. Going back out and looking again though =P.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Category"I'd love to, although I'm curious if there's a section to post more personal questions (looking for advice in my situation)? I've browsed through, just haven't found anything yet. Going back out and looking again though =P.
What is your question?  I bet if you posted in a section that seems fairly appropriate, the mods will move it if they feel it would better belong somewhere else.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Category

EDIT: Removed =D Don't want life's story on the interwebs.

PoopShoot

Well, the story you wrote isn't much by which to help and it looks like what you want is advice, so I don't see why an advice thread would be a problem.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Category"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"What is your question?  I bet if you posted in a section that seems fairly appropriate, the mods will move it if they feel it would better belong somewhere else.

Really looking for advice on how to... handle... my current romantic relationship, myself a weak atheist and my significant other becoming more and more of a believer. Becoming more and more uncomfortable seeing my girlfriend go through her own family issues (with as much support as I can give) only to have her turning towards god for more support.

I'm trying to shorten the story, as I don't want to turn an intro thread into an advice column, but really it's just that I'm having trouble understanding why she would choose what I see as complete BS over thinking through problems.

Argh, I'm not even sure what I want really. I'm not comfortable talking about this with her directly as I hardly feel like I understand what the problem itself is. I will NEVER submit to believing in unproven invisible men in the sky, and yet I feel somewhat alone with that ideal. Is it possible to have an open loving relationship with such differing beliefs (or lack there of?)?

VVV Read here if you don't feel like going through my ramblings VVV
Completely shortened, I need GF advice. My GF becoming a hardcore believer after family issues and myself shying away from everything that smells like organized religion.

It need not be a problem, if you two agree to disagree.  Of course, in order to do so, you'll need to analyze what the problem is, and overcome your discomfort in talking about it.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Category

EDIT: Removed =D

Thumpalumpacus

She's in emotional throes.  Set aside your concerns about your differences on religion, and help her in her time of need.  Deal with religious differences at another, less volatile time.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Category

EDIT: Partial removal, same as above.

I can assure you, though, this isn't just a one post account. Long have I searched for like minded people, I won't be returning to Yahoo! answers religion and spirituality section anytime soon. Having too much drama and competition between theists and atheists that place was a mad house.

Final note: I know my grammar and sentence structure is nowhere near perfect and may even be painful to read to some, but I'm working on improving it through writing more actively in a blog I may link sometime in the future.

PoopShoot

I'm married to a theist and we get along fine.  She needs your support in her time of grief, the rest can wait and won't even be a problem unless one of you makes it a problem.  Don't be the one who makes it a problem and you should be fine, and if you're not fine, it's not because of something you did.  Right now she needs your shoulder, not your brain.
All hail Cancer Jesus!