News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

ZOMG RUN!

Started by tymygy, October 03, 2010, 09:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tymygy

Zombie plans anyone!?!?!

Everyone should have one, if you don't, get one.  :drool  :drool  :drool  :drool  :drool
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

PoopShoot

According to /b/, I will be bludgeoning them with my guitar.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

McQ

I like the idea of heading to the Winchester.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

SSY

To defeat a zombie, you must think like a zombie.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Sophus

Quote from: "McQ"I like the idea of heading to the Winchester.
But first, kill Phil.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

The Magic Pudding

Leave my vinyl LPs alone.
Where's my cricket bat?

tymygy

Actually, my first stop would be a Military base.

For the sake of this topic, how do you people think a zombie-like outbreak could occur? I think it would be something viral. Probably a dangerous, rabies-like mutation.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

SSY

Quote from: "tymygy"Actually, my first stop would be a Military base.

Do you think they would let you in?
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

tymygy

Quote from: "SSY"

Do you think they would let you in?

I'd give a wink, and maybe blow a kiss or two.

But seriously, you never know, might depend on if they would test you or not. How about this, if I could get in, my first stop would be a military base.

karadan

For the sake of this topic, how do you people think a zombie-like outbreak could occur? I think it would be something viral. Probably a dangerous, rabies-like mutation.

That's what I would do but it would depend heavily on the situation. Are these zombies like in a George Romero film? Slow and lumbering I could handle. If fast and psychotic like in 28 days later then I probably wouldn't stand a chance unless coincidentally close to an island. If it was the 'I Am Legend' scenario then I think an army base would be the best bet. In the usual zombie scenario, other survivors would be trying to get to safe places. You'd have to consider them when finding a nice cosy army base to hole up in. Many would go there too. In the I Am Legend scenario, other survivors wouldn't really be an issue (until you get lonely of course) and it would probably be easy to find an army base seeing as travel by day is safe.

I guess the point when you act is crucial. Spend too long at home staring incredulously at the news might be one's undoing. Acting quickly and getting the hell out of a city would be paramount. In my case, geographically, northern Scotland would be the place to go although I know of an army base on Dartmoor which is a tactically sound location to be. Getting to Devon would be more perilous for me than getting to Scotland, however.

Long term survival on my own would be difficult but doing that whilst dodging a zombie menace as well would be rather mentally arduous. Would survival be worth it by that point? I'd need company to keep insanity at bay.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

MrsV

Luckily I live in Northumberland so heading out to the less populated bits is fairly easy for me. I also live on the coast and therefore have the option of getting a boat as Zombies don't tend to sail. So one plan would be to get a boat and sail it to a remote Scottish Island - avoiding land travel as much as possible.

tymygy

Quote from: "karadan"

That's what I would do but it would depend heavily on the situation. Are these zombies like in a George Romero film? Slow and lumbering I could handle. If fast and psychotic like in 28 days later then I probably wouldn't stand a chance unless coincidentally close to an island. If it was the 'I Am Legend' scenario then I think an army base would be the best bet. In the usual zombie scenario, other survivors would be trying to get to safe places. You'd have to consider them when finding a nice cosy army base to hole up in. Many would go there too. In the I Am Legend scenario, other survivors wouldn't really be an issue (until you get lonely of course) and it would probably be easy to find an army base seeing as travel by day is safe.

I guess the point when you act is crucial. Spend too long at home staring incredulously at the news might be one's undoing. Acting quickly and getting the hell out of a city would be paramount. In my case, geographically, northern Scotland would be the place to go although I know of an army base on Dartmoor which is a tactically sound location to be. Getting to Devon would be more perilous for me than getting to Scotland, however.

Long term survival on my own would be difficult but doing that whilst dodging a zombie menace as well would be rather mentally arduous. Would survival be worth it by that point? I'd need company to keep insanity at bay.

I agree, being alone would fucking blow, so I'd definetly try to find a friend to come.

And, yeah, it depends on the intelligence and agility of the things.

DropLogic

I would travel to the outskirts of cities in the US, and raid farms for weaponry.  One thing you can count on is well-armed Americans.  I would also make my base camp a place with lots of doors with at least 2 exits.  Booby traps would be a must, and long range communication.  At some point though...would it be worth surviving?

Asmodean

Me, I'd attempt to capture a fortress or a maximum security prison. Notoriously hard places to get into without an invitation, those.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DropLogic

Quote from: "Asmodean"Me, I'd attempt to capture a fortress or a maximum security prison. Notoriously hard places to get into without an invitation, those.
Provided you still have electricity...