News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

hierarchy in heaven

Started by tacoma_kyle, May 28, 2007, 09:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacoma_kyle

Kinda interesting observation at work a week or two back. Ok Klamath Falls is probably 95% religious. But anyhow one of my coworkers is pretty much one of the more-so ones. Which is fine of course.

But she was talking to a doctor, apparently he was over in cambodia or somewhere doing religous deeds or something. A little quote caught my ear when she said 'the lord has a special place for you.'

I thought about that for a little while and it just doesnt make any sense to the 'image' that is portrayed (spelling ?) as heaven. All peace, happiness bla bla bla, but others are obviously more important to thy lord than thou, haha, little humor there. But there would essentially be a heirarchy. I dunno I was kinda disappointed at how simple of a statement can be so apparently conflicting with what is told.

I dunno, just somethin I noticed.
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

donkeyhoty

Yeah, there's a heirarchy of angels:  seraphim, cherubim, archangels, etc.,

People could have one too, I mean, why not?
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

easytrak

nobody really knows if there is a hierachy of angels. it is just conjecture.

personally i think it is foolish to compare one person against another, since we are all different. we all have our own strengths and weaknesses. it is like if you were to say: I think the earth is better than the sun.

donkeyhoty

Quote from: "easytrak"nobody really knows if there is a hierachy of angels. it is just conjecture
No offense, but obviously it's conjecture.  Especially for atheists.  
It would be like saying that nobody really knows if reincarnation is real, so it's conjecture.

Also, hell, according to Dante, had a heirarchy.  Is that conjecture?  Yes, but it's unecessary to identify it as such.  

All religious stories should be taken as conjecture... oh wait, I'm gettin' all secular utopia up in here.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson