News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

A Letter to Yourself, Half a Lifetime Ago

Started by Velma, October 03, 2010, 02:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: "tunghaichuan"Not exactly. Without being crass, let me say that many Christian girls/women view themselves as a bride of Christ until such time that they marry a human man. They think that having sex outside marriage is a sin and is even cheating on Jesus.  :upset: That got old in a hurry. Of course that's what I get for growing up in a primarily fundamentalist Christian state (Kansas.)  :D

Personally, I think "I'm not ready yet" is a far more honest reason... I could even live with that (screwing someone on the side, hush-hush style, probably :P )
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Honesty sucks, lie more, everybody else is.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Tank"Honesty sucks, lie more, everybody else is.
Note how I never mentioned a word about being honest myself and strongly implied the opposite in the parentheses  :pop:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Note how I never mentioned a word about being honest myself and strongly implied the opposite in the parentheses  :D

By 25 I was married and had one of my three kids. The trouble is I always assumed the best of people, that often works but it leaves one open to being seriously disappointed by some very nasty individuals.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Asmodean"
Note how I never mentioned a word about being honest myself and strongly implied the opposite in the parentheses  :D

By 25 I was married and had one of my three kids. The trouble is I always assumed the best of people, that often works but it leaves one open to being seriously disappointed by some very nasty individuals.
If I could find a 'hug' smilie, I'd use it.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan