News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Abortion Does Not Cause Depression or Low Self-Esteem...

Started by Tank, September 25, 2010, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Abortion Does Not Cause Depression or Low Self-Esteem in Adolescents, National U.S. Study Finds

QuoteScienceDaily (Sep. 24, 2010) â€" A new study has determined that teenagers who have abortions are no more likely to become depressed or have low self-esteem than their peers whose pregnancies do not end in abortion.

The study conducted by researchers from Oregon State University and University of California, San Francisco, is the first to use both depression and low self-esteem as outcomes with a nationally representative sample of adolescents...

Good lord! Facts about abortion, who'd a thunk!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Tank"Abortion Does Not Cause Depression or Low Self-Esteem in Adolescents, National U.S. Study Finds

QuoteScienceDaily (Sep. 24, 2010) â€" A new study has determined that teenagers who have abortions are no more likely to become depressed or have low self-esteem than their peers whose pregnancies do not end in abortion.

The study conducted by researchers from Oregon State University and University of California, San Francisco, is the first to use both depression and low self-esteem as outcomes with a nationally representative sample of adolescents...

More facts
Abortions are horrible and contraception is imperfect.
Christian male spokespersons for god who seek to impose their will on women, are beneath contempt.

Sophus

I've never really believed that old argument of the Pro-Lifers. Although I'm sure that if the teenager lived in the Bible Beltâ,,¢ her peers would try their best to make her feel depressed.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Velma

Quote from: "Tank"Abortion Does Not Cause Depression or Low Self-Esteem in Adolescents, National U.S. Study Finds

Of course, this study will be dismissed because it does not fit with their twisted view of the way the world should be.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Asmodean

I wonder WHY they seem to think abortion is so wrong... After all, a fetus can not be considered a physically indepoendent life form and, as such, should be viewed as a parasite on the mother's body, no..?

It's ok to kill ringworm in your gut, but not a fetus..? Smells like hypocricy to me.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Asmodean"I wonder WHY they seem to think abortion is so wrong... After all, a fetus can not be considered a physically indepoendent life form and, as such, should be viewed as a parasite on the mother's body, no..?

It's ok to kill ringworm in your gut, but not a fetus..? Smells like hypocricy to me.
I thought it was because they wanted more slaves.
A bigger flock to  keep the priests in comfort, a pool of cheap or free labour and of course cannon fodder.

Asmodean

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"I thought it was because they wanted more slaves.
A bigger flock to  keep the priests in comfort, a pool of cheap or free labour and of course cannon fodder.
Yeah, that would be my idea too.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

I think that if someone were against abortion and had one anyway that it would make them feel depressed and affect their self-esteem.  Since I doubt they didn't just round up some pregnant teenagers and randomly make half of them get an abortion I'm not convinced that this study is worth anything more than knowing that those who willingly choose abortion are likely to be able to deal with that choice in a healthy manner.