News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Animals And Tools.

Started by tymygy, September 17, 2010, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tymygy

HOOOORAYYY
 :bananacolor:  :bananacolor:
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Roganthis72

Quote from: "tymygy"
Quote from: "Roganthis72"Indeed I am new here.  I come bearing snow and ice from the farthest reaches of the Mackenzie Highway!  Actually thats a lie, it keeps going for quite a ways past here, but still, FEAR THE ALMIGHTY CHIMPS!  MASTER OF POINTED STICK TECHNOLOGY!

LMAO xD

Good, you bring humor here, I could use a good laugh every day.  :P
I did not hear about that.  Now I'm even more scared.

And as for the Intelligence thing, I'm gonna have to disagree.  THey aren't stupid animals and could very possibly be trained to communicate with us easily (more so then the sign language thing).  Personally, I think that if chimps were to figure out how to make fire, then we'd be pretty screwed.  Have you seen Discoverys "Planet Earth"?  Chimps literally go to war with other chimp nations, marching in lines.  ITs some scarey shit I can tell you.
BBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PoopShoot

Pointy stick.
 :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:
All hail Cancer Jesus!

tymygy

Ouch.

Those chimps are fucking evil bastards..
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

tymygy

PoopShoot

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.   Pointy.
 :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Reginus

I don't think it uses specific tools, but the kea is pretty intelligent.
[youtube:3nyeq9ep]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRW4ztbY8Ok[/youtube:3nyeq9ep]
"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

tymygy

POINT! HOORAY!

:bananacolor:  :bananacolor:  :bananacolor:

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Recusant"When | was a boy I had a pet crow, and can attest to their amazing intelligence.  Even those who shoot crows for sport generally grudgingly admit that they are very clever birds.

Seriously a crow?
Can your crows be trusted around an unsuspecting eyeball?

Quote from: "tymygy"
Quote from: "Roganthis72"ALL OF MODERN WEAPONRY CAN BE BOILED DOWN TO A POINTED STICK!!

Actually the oldest arrow tips and spear tips were made of sharpened obsidion.

Correct me if I'm wrong!!  :/

It's hard to believe the first arrow or spear wasn't just a sharpened stick.

tymygy

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"It's hard to believe the first arrow or spear wasn't just a sharpened stick.

Who knows.

Roganthis72

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "Recusant"When | was a boy I had a pet crow, and can attest to their amazing intelligence.  Even those who shoot crows for sport generally grudgingly admit that they are very clever birds.

Seriously a crow?
Can your crows be trusted around an unsuspecting eyeball?

Obviosly not, but thats cause they have no manners, doesn't mean they aren't smart.  Corvids are very intelligent birds, Ravens and Crows especially.  If you ever actually watch a raven figure something out, it can get a little creepy.  THey are obviously kinda slow (which is why they havn't mastered the pointed stick yet) but they are persistant little bastards, and they will get what the want.

Furthermore, where you aware that Ravens often exibit signs of rudimentary culture?   IF a Raven dies, often there will be a funeral, where a bunch of birds all line up around the dead bird and stare at it for a while, then they all fly off in unison.  Ravens have also been known to slide down snowy slopes on their backs for no purpose, other then possibly entertainment.  They really are amazing birds, if you can get past the whole filthy scavenger thing.
BBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR