News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

1st Annual Catholic Conference on Geocentricism

Started by Parsifal, September 15, 2010, 05:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsifal

It is hard to believe that this can still be happening in 2010, but... http://www.catholicintl.com/galileowaswrong/index.html

Here are some gems from the page:

QuoteThe Idea

Galileo Was Wrong  is a detailed and comprehensive treatment of the scientific evidence supporting Geocentrism, the academic belief that the Earth is immobile in the center of the universe. Garnering scientific information from physics, astrophysics, astronomy and other sciences, Galileo Was Wrong shows that the debate between Galileo and the Catholic Church was much more than a difference of opinion about the interpretation of Scripture.

Scientific evidence available to us within the last 100 years that was not available during Galileo's confrontation shows that the Church's position on the immobility of the Earth is not only scientifically supportable, but it is the most stable model of the universe and the one which best answers all the evidence we see in the cosmos.

QuoteGalileo Was Wrong: The Church Was Right is one of the most unique and penetrating books you will ever read. Now complete in Volumes I and II, authors Robert Sungenis and Robert Bennett take you on a tour of science and history the likes of which you would have never believed possible unless it were told to you in detailed and graphic form. Has modern science led us down the primrose path and convinced us of something that they cannot prove and that is in actuality false? Were the Fathers, the Medievals, our popes and cardinals of the 17th century correct in believing that the Earth, based on a face value reading of Scripture, was standing still in the center of the universe? Come with an open mind and allow these two authors to show you facts and figures that have been hidden from the public for a very long time. This is a page turner that you will find hard to put down, once you get riveted by the astounding material these authors have assembled for you. Prepare yourself, however. Your world will be rocked, literally and figuratively. Not only will you see from Volume I how modern science has documented for us in bold fashion that the Earth is motionless in space and occupies the center of the universe (yet have done an equally remarkable job in keeping these important facts out of our educational system), you will now see in Volume II how deeply the popes of the 17th century were involved in condemning heliocentrism, guiding the process step-by-step and finally castigating it as "formally heretical." You will also see how effusive is the data in Scripture that teaches a geocentric universe in the most detailed exegesis of Holy Writ ever presented to the public on this topic. Lastly, Volume II offers detailed and comprehensive documentation of the consensus of the Church Fathers and Medieval theologians on geocentrism. It also covers all the statements and teachings of modern popes and councils, such as  Gregory XVI, Benedict XIV, Pius VII, Leo XIII, Benedict XV, The Council of Trent, Vatican I, Vatican II, and a special section on John Paul II in his re-examination of the Galileo case. These are facts and analyses that every Catholic should avail himself. The most important thing you will receive from this astounding study is a very close relationship with God. For once you see that God, his Church, and Holy Scripture have given us the unadulterated truth, proven by modern science itself, you will have no choice but to put yourself completely in His trust and care for everything else in your life.
Please support follow my mammoth project to tweet the whole of Darwin's On the Origin of Species at https://twitter.com/OriginsTweeted.

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cy

tymygy

Oh for fucks sake.  :shake:

Thanks for sharing the article.

How can people be so blind? I truly hope the world, in the near future, will open its eyes to see what reality is. The cult of religion is keeping humans of reaching their full potential, and this proves it.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Parsifal

I like this part most:
QuoteThe most important thing you will receive from this astounding study is a very close relationship with God. For once you see that God, his Church, and Holy Scripture have given us the unadulterated truth, proven by modern science itself, you will have no choice but to put yourself completely in His trust and care for everything else in your life.

Now, doesn't that just show their real intent?  It may well be that science can prove that the earth is in the middle of the universe (although, it would throw some satellites off course), but why would that new information result in me having no choice but to put myself completely in His trust and care for everything else in my life?  I'll simply adapt to the new evidence and carry on not believing in God.

But it has given me an idea, how about a conference on evolution using this pitch?

On second thoughts, ignore my last sentence.  :|
Please support follow my mammoth project to tweet the whole of Darwin's On the Origin of Species at https://twitter.com/OriginsTweeted.

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cy

tymygy

Quote from: "Parsifal"But it has given me an idea, how about a conference on evolution using this pitch?

On second thoughts, ignore my last sentence.  :|

Too late. Not ignored.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Dretlin

Asmodean

Quote from: "Dretlin"Such wilful ignorance is breathtaking.
How was it Dr. House put it again..? "People are idiots", methink it was.  :hmm:

(And by "people", I mean creationists, young-Earth fools and that ilk, of course)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

tymygy

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Dretlin"Such wilful ignorance is breathtaking.
How was it Dr. House put it again..? "People are idiots", methink it was.  :hmm:

(And by "people", I mean creationists, young-Earth fools and that ilk, of course)

And Geocentrists.

Parsifal

I love the religious' attitude towards science.  They love it when it supports anything they claim (rare as that may be), contort it to fit their views, and reject it when it doesn't support their views.

Tank

Quote from: "Parsifal"I love the religious' attitude towards science.  They love it when it supports anything they claim (rare as that may be), contort it to fit their views, and reject it when it doesn't support their views.
This is so true! The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! Can you imagine the back tracking and denial if there proves to be a different explanation.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.