News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hump-backed dinosaur may yield clues to origin of birds

Started by Tank, September 09, 2010, 12:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hump-backed dinosaur may yield clues to origin of birds

QuoteSpanish palaeontologists have uncovered a new dinosaur with what may be the earliest evidence of feather follicles.

The researchers, whose findings are published in Nature, located the fossils near Cuenca, central Spain.

They named the reptile Concavenator corcovatus, meaning "meat eater from Cuenca with a hump". The type of dinosaur that was found is known as a theropod...

Gosh another transitional found, new that's another gap to fill!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

PoopShoot

Well, you know, for every transition they find, two more are created.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Tank

Quote from: "PoopShoot"Well, you know, for every transition they find, two more are created.
Quite right  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"Well, you know, for every transition they find, two more are created.
Quite right  :pop:

/end nitpickery
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Tank"
Quite right  :pop:

/end nitpickery
And what point is that?  
We've found A, C, and F.  
Well, there's no transition between them.
Good news, we've discovered D and E
There's still no transition between A and C and there are no transitions between C, D, E and F.
Good news, we've found B and E.5
There's still no transition between A and B, plus E.5 doesn't really prove anything.  What's next, E.25?  After that E.75?  Where does your faith end?  There are o transitional forms!
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Asmodean

Quote from: "PoopShoot"We've found A, C, and F.  
Well, there's no transition between them.
Good news, we've discovered D and E
There's still no transition between A and C and there are no transitions between C, D, E and F.
Good news, we've found B and E.5
There's still no transition between A and B, plus E.5 doesn't really prove anything.  What's next, E.25?  After that E.75?  Where does your faith end?  There are o transitional forms!
Lemme break down some simple family science for you, my colorful friend  :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Asmodean"Lemme break down some simple family science for you, my colorful friend  :P
Let me break down some basic paleontology for you: most bones corrode and are never fossilized, therefore your scenario is impossible.

Let me break down some basic fundie logic for you: there are no transitional fossil forms because my pastor told me so.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Asmodean

Quote from: "PoopShoot"Let me break down some basic paleontology for you: most bones corrode and are never fossilized, therefore your scenario is impossible.
Implausible. Being a theoretical "if", it is still a valid one.

QuoteLet me break down some basic fundie logic for you: there are no transitional fossil forms because my pastor told me so.
Which has to do with what I said..? What exactly..?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Asmodean"Which has to do with what I said..? What exactly..?
Nothing, but it's the direct implication of my statement that for every transition you find, two more are needed.

I recognize transitions, fudies don't.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Asmodean

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "Asmodean"Which has to do with what I said..? What exactly..?
Nothing, but it's the direct implication of my statement that for every transition you find, two more are needed.

I recognize transitions, fudies don't.
Ah!

Well, MY point is that when maximum saturation, however theoretical, is achieved, you will not have two new transitions for every one you find, nor will you have two same-specie transitions at the point of extinction or when the specie has changed too far or at any other form of end or transition on the "tree of life".

On microlevel, there is little in ways of knowing that there are two, in fact, since while you can always establish that there was a parent generation, you can not always establish that the specimen in question produced offspring.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

PoopShoot

At that level of saturation, there would only be one species.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

SSY

Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Tank

Quote from: "PoopShoot"At that level of saturation, there would only be one species.
No. The definition species becomes meaningless. One would just recognise the continuum from start to current situation.

PoopShoot

All hail Cancer Jesus!

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.