News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

PZ Myers...don't pray for him.

Started by Whitney, August 25, 2010, 02:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

For those who might have missed his recent blog entry (I just happened to catch it through a fb posting), PZ has very recently found out that he was in need of urgent heart care and is soon (possibly already) undergoing heart surgery.  He has asked that you not pray for him  ;)

For what it's worth, I hope for his speedy recovery.

notself

I am not praying for PZ and please tell him because people who think they are being prayed for have more cardiac complications.  He does have my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

http://www.ahjonline.com/article/PIIS00 ... t1=no&vol=

Sophus

I don't know how reliable - or for that matter who - this commenter is, but they have said:

Quote from: "Nerd of Redhead"Short PZ update. New stent and doing well. Scheduled to go home tomorrow. And will be able to start torturing his students in due course. *Applause*

In response to which Coyne wrote this poem:

QuoteSays the PeeZee, “I’m no longer sick,

Thanks to a spiffy new medical trick:

My aorta’s not bent

For I haz a new stentâ€"

Now I’ll go back to being a dick!”

Hope he's doing well.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

The Magic Pudding

I hope his loony religious activities inbox doesn't overflow before he gets back on the job.

Thumpalumpacus

I wonder how many theists are praying for his prompt demise?
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I wonder how many theists are praying for his prompt demise?
I wonder how many are not.  :|
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Ultima22689

Meh, I hope he gets better but I can't stand the guy.

Sophus

Quote from: "Ultima22689"Meh, I hope he gets better but I can't stand the guy.
Why's that?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Ultima22689

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Ultima22689"Meh, I hope he gets better but I can't stand the guy.
Why's that?

I haven't followed the guy much concerning religion however he regularly blasts people that I do like, such as Ray Kurzweil and other futurists with out out right insults instead of countering their arguments in an intellectual fashion. I hate when people blast new tech or theories without even considering them, it's kind of like the 3D thing, it's obvious it's really taking off but people continue to hate it like religious zealots, he is doing the same in regards to the singularity camp, ironically, sounding like many of the religious zealots he normally opposes.