News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Prop 8. Decision!

Started by GAYtheist, August 04, 2010, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAYtheist

it's coming today! In about an hour to 3 hours Walker will be handing down his decision! I am so nervous... :pop:  :pop:
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

GAYtheist

It's not official yet, put there has been a leak, Proposition 8 has been overturned by John Walker! The system finally works!
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

teifuani

GAYtheist

IT"S OFFICIAL! Prop. 8 is OVERTURNED! WE HAVE WON THE BATTLE< NOW FOR THE WAR!

pinkocommie

Yay!  Take THAT, jerkwads!  Especially the Mormon church.  I for one am GLAD you wasted so much money and made your position of intolerance crystal clear, only to have the law deemed unconstitutional!

This is really good news.
 :bananacolor:  :bananacolor:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Dretlin

Quote from: "GAYtheist"IT"S OFFICIAL! Prop. 8 is OVERTURNED! WE HAVE WON THE BATTLE< NOW FOR THE WAR!

Congratulations!  roflol

Kylyssa

A triumph of love over hate is a very good thing.

philosoraptor

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Yay!  Take THAT, jerkwads!  Especially the Mormon church.  I for one am GLAD you wasted so much money and made your position of intolerance crystal clear, only to have the law deemed unconstitutional!

This is really good news.
 :bananacolor:  :bananacolor:

Ditto.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

hismikeness

Quote from: "GAYtheist"IT"S OFFICIAL! Prop. 8 is OVERTURNED! WE HAVE WON THE BATTLE< NOW FOR THE WAR!

I hope the US Supreme Court has the testicular fortitude to deem this unconstitutional as well.

I have a Mormon friend who truly believes, because the Imperial Wizard (or whatever those whackos call their HMFIC) told them, that the church would be required to perform gay marriages inside of the temples if gay marriage were to be legalized. Unbelievable that they would believe that. He claims that is his only issue with it.

A little bit of faith is restored in humanity today.  :yay:
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Sophus

First off: YAY!  :crazy:

BTW: Speaking of the wonderful 14th Amendment which made this possible, Republicans want to change it.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Laser Sailor

Hurray for equality!

I went down to the celebration walk in San Diego to photograph for the newspaper, anyone care for a sneak peak?

Also, it's funny how you go to one little gay rights rally and suddenly your family is questioning your sexuality. Sigh . . . FML.
When I was little, I prayed to God for a new bike.
But then I learned that God doesn't work that way.
So I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

Tank

Good news indeed  :headbang:

Show us the photos please Laser!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sophus

The ruling on this was quite lengthy (138 pages) and impressively written. It's truly worth a read.

Here are some key excerpts:http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/08/04/some-key-excerpts-from-the-proposition-8-ruling/

Here is the whole bloody thing: http://www.scribd.com/doc/35374462/Prop-8-Ruling-FINAL
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Laser Sailor

Photos from the day, I plan to submit most of these to the newspaper so please no downloading (they're tagged with my copyright info anyway).

Photos Here!

Please leave comments!
When I was little, I prayed to God for a new bike.
But then I learned that God doesn't work that way.
So I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

Tank

Quote from: "Laser Sailor"Photos from the day, I plan to submit most of these to the newspaper so please no downloading (they're tagged with my copyright info anyway).

Photos Here!

Please leave comments!

{nerdmode}
Excellent shots with lovely colour saturation!
{/nerdmode}
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.