News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Not so much a noob as recycled...

Started by hackenslash, August 04, 2010, 12:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackenslash

Hello, peeps

I am hackenslash, and I am a less-than-reputable member of many rationalist fora. Less-than-reputable among the credulous, that is. My hobbies are [strike:12coqzbx]fundie baiting[/strike:12coqzbx] having fun debating, smashing cretinous canards, and generally being a thorn in the side of irrational nonsense, known to cause the eyes of wibble peddlers to widen in fear.

I was brought here on a google search when a serial copypasta merchant posted some drivel at rationalskepticism, as well as here and another forum, and whaddya know? One of my good buddies is here! The interwebs is small.

Ohai, Tank. I can haz debunkz?

Nice place you have here, and it's always nice to find another little haven of critical thinking. I hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair. Don't worry, I'll behave. badly.
There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

The Magic Pudding

Welcome
I don't entirely share the enjoyment some people get debating with theists.
It seems unfair, they have no defensible points to argue.
All they seem to have is too much political power, and I think it less likely
they'll concede that than a point of a argument.

Tank

Welcome aboard hack!

In my experience Hack responds to theists in proportion to their attitude. He has not, and never will, suffer fools gladly and that's a good thing. As you can see he is also pretty good at the science stuff, he's also a good musician and is a practical contributor to charities. An all round good egg who just rather likes intellectually torturing theists who spout BS.

He's definitely one of the good guys!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.