News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

books written by Richard Dawkins

Started by lielielie, July 29, 2010, 03:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Whitney"While the odds of the internet version of a raid are slim I don't want to take the chance even
I think this argument is best, a reasonable person should accept it.
You could argue the morality of respecting intellectual property all day, especially if you're talking to someone from the third world.

Heretical Rants

There are partial copies of his books online for free, though.

Like this:
http://www.google.com/search?q=richard+ ... d=0CAsQpwU

Some people let Google include a surprisingly large portion of their books in the book previews.

Tank

Quote from: "Whitney"Why does everyone think I'm a man?
Serious answer. In my experience on this type of forums most contributors are male, most people who run forums like this are male, so you get a double whammy of expectations. You have a vaguely androgynous name (says he with a middle name of Leslie) that could be a word play on Whitney 'Huston' in Texas. Your avatar also gives no indication of your gender.  Do you find that men tend to guess you are a man while women tend to guess you are a woman?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.