News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Allo everyone. :D

Started by Vincentia, July 25, 2010, 11:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincentia

Hey there, I'm Vincentia, just signed up to the forum. : )

I thought I'd join as I need somewhere to discuss atheism. I have trouble discussing the topic in real life as my family are semi-religious Christians, and they don't know I no longer share their views. My mum might have guessed though as I haven't attended church for 2 years.

Anywho, in my teens, I began to question the lack of credible evidence produced by religion. I looked at myself and realised how gullible I was. I still am gullible to the appeal of religions, and it's not just Christianity, we're talking believing in anything without evidence (even really weird thoughts in my head). That's why I need to come back to reality.

Atheism is all about thinking rationally, not just living in your head. I think that's why my interest in pyschology is growing. ^^;

Tank

Hi Vincentia

Glad you found your way to our little island of rationality in a sea of superstition. Pull up a sun lounger and relax.

Welcome aboard.

Useful links for new members
Mission Statement Why this place is here.
Forum Rules More of a set of guidelines really, upset Whitney (She who must be obeyed) and you'll find the exit door very quickly!
How do I use the quote feature? If you are new to forums this is an important feature to understand. The maximum number of nested quotes is 3.
Help desk. Any problems this is where to ask them.
What's on your mind today? The general chit chat thread.
Somewhere to discuss the fear of dying. Many ex-theists have to come to terms with death, this is a place to discuss this issue.
How to tell your family you are an atheist. Some suggestions about how to deal with this thorny issue.
Parenting Beyond Belief. The forum for discussing how to raise your children 'Faith Free'.
Just a little advice for new Atheists Some thoughts for those new to reality.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Vincentia

I don't think I plan on leaving, so I'll stick around. : ) Thank you muchly for the welcome!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Vincentia"Atheism is all about thinking rationally, not just living in your head.
I think all the living happens in our heads, so we have to be careful what we let in.
But hey, I'm just a pudding.
Welcome

Vincentia

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "Vincentia"Atheism is all about thinking rationally, not just living in your head.
I think all the living happens in our heads, so we have to be careful what we let in.
But hey, I'm just a pudding.
Welcome

Thank you, and that's actually a really good point. Wise words in fact. : )

The Black Jester

Quote from: "Vincentia"I looked at myself and realised how gullible I was.

That about sums it up for me.  Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, Yeah, you probably did.  Fool me THREE times...and I'll come back for four.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com