News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Scientists possibly located the "Gay Gene"

Started by none123, July 25, 2010, 01:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "dloubet"I wonder what would happen if stem-cell research could pave the way for a gay cure.

Paradox!

Ugh. Even barely thinking like a religionist for only a moment makes me want to wash my brain.
See Eugenics thread viewtopic.php?p=82165#p82165 Who and how would the 'ideal' human be decided upon?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

karadan

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "dloubet"I wonder what would happen if stem-cell research could pave the way for a gay cure.

Paradox!

Ugh. Even barely thinking like a religionist for only a moment makes me want to wash my brain.
See Eugenics thread viewtopic.php?p=82165#p82165 Who and how would the 'ideal' human be decided upon?

Random world-wide ballot. A figurehead is chosen and makes the decisions for a year before getting superseeded by the next random figurehead.
This way, each year, all babies born are pretty damn different from the previous year's versions.
That'd be fair :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

MilkyWay

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "Tank"

Paradox!

Random world-wide ballot. A figurehead is chosen and makes the decisions for a year before getting superseeded by the next random figurehead.
This way, each year, all babies born are pretty damn different from the previous year's versions.
That'd be fair :)

Sounds barbaric, if a parent was deciding for the baby not to have a disease, that's one thing. But, homosexuality isn't a disease. I didn't want to know what sex my son was before the birth, I don't see his sexuality as being an issue one way or the other. If he's gay then he's gay, if he's hetro then he's hetro. Makes no difference to me. I wouldn't allow anyone to tamper with my baby unless it was a life or death situation.