News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

I ripped the Obama sticker off my car today

Started by Whitney, July 17, 2010, 11:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Big Mac"Better than half the crap the recent ones do.

There's a phrase for that:  "Damned by faint praise."

QuoteNot trolling there, I really think we need to get rid of the state of Israel and put the Jews somewhere else. Screw their little view that they are the Chosen people, they are one of the biggest reasons we've had terrorism like we have. Remember when the terrorists were jacking planes in the last century? Look at their demands. Almost all of them involved Israel in some way.

I don't think we should worry ourselves with them that much.  What directs terrorism at America (in part) is our unqualified support of Israel, not Israel's existence itself.  And yes, their religious claims are equally nonsense.

QuoteMeh, I don't see an issue with Reagan's work. You think I'm trolling but honestly I view Obama as a weak president who embarrasses us in front of the world. He frickin' bowed to a Saudi man. It should be the other way around. We run the show, it's time we remind people of that fact.

Protocol has a place in diplomacy, so the bow doesn't worry me.  If you're worried about someone bowing to a Saudi, you should look at why Bush let so many fly out of here on 9/12.  Now that's bowing.  

Also, the idea that "we run the show" is laughable, and palpably disproved by our failure to bring peace to either Iraq or Afghanistan, our failure to prevent Russia's invasion of Georgia, our inability to prevent the Iranian nuclear program.  All of the failures long festered under a Republican regime, except for the case of Georgia, which was where Bush's favorite asian country got slammed despite his "saber-rattling".  Some good it did there, eh?
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Protocol has a place in diplomacy, so the bow doesn't worry me.  If you're worried about someone bowing to a Saudi, you should look at why Bush let so many fly out of here on 9/12.  Now that's bowing.  

Also, the idea that "we run the show" is laughable, and palpably disproved by our failure to bring peace to either Iraq or Afghanistan, our failure to prevent Russia's invasion of Georgia, our inability to prevent the Iranian nuclear program.  All of the failures long festered under a Republican regime, except for the case of Georgia, which was where Bush's favorite asian country got slammed despite his "saber-rattling".  Some good it did there, eh?

Georgia had it coming, that's the Slavs problem, not ours. Israel needs to just go, and Bush isn't exactly what I'd call human when it comes to his mental state.

And I think a few carpet bombing campaigns in those countries can send a clear message who calls the shots. Of course now war has to have a PR campaign to it where you could just conquer and take what you want. I blame journalists for that.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Ultima22689

Quote from: "Big Mac"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Protocol has a place in diplomacy, so the bow doesn't worry me.  If you're worried about someone bowing to a Saudi, you should look at why Bush let so many fly out of here on 9/12.  Now that's bowing.  

Georgia had it coming, that's the Slavs problem, not ours. Israel needs to just go, and Bush isn't exactly what I'd call human when it comes to his mental state.

And I think a few carpet bombing campaigns in those countries can send a clear message who calls the shots. Of course now war has to have a PR campaign to it where you could just conquer and take what you want. I blame journalists for that.

Have you ever considered it might just be the age we're in? It's not the 20th century anymore, you can't just wage war and not expect everyone to hear about it. We have the internet which makes any news available almost instantly if it was so much as glanced upon with a guy having a camera in his phone. You can't hide war, that's why Wikileaks is releasing classified documents all the time, in the 20th century when something became classified, it stayed classified, now that only means until some brilliant hacker gets his hands on it or some guy like that information analyst leaks it. It's only a matter of time. Anytime a superpower like America wants to do something the world will be watching. I don't think waging war is the best of ideas right now unless it's absolutely necessary to end tyranny like the moment North Korea gets too aggressive it would be time to bring the pain. Remember the whole Israel fiasco when that aid from Turkey was coming in? For awhile the entire world was breathing down Israel's neck and that's because it you can't really hide information anymore, you can only postpone it.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Big Mac"Georgia had it coming
Yup. And got thoroughly owned too, even though Russia downplays its losses somewhat.

Quotethat's the Slavs problem, not ours
Double yup. Georgia is not a part of NATO, thus the USA is under no obligation to help them.

QuoteIsrael needs to just go
Hell yes. And by the way, circumcision is child abuse.

Quoteand Bush isn't exactly what I'd call human when it comes to his mental state.
Honestly, how can ANYONE who's seen the guy doubt that we evolved from monkeys... Primitive ones..?

QuoteAnd I think a few carpet bombing campaigns in those countries can send a clear message who calls the shots
Until you get into more trouble than you can handle... Like one of them nukes in a heavily populated area when it takes your emergency management guys weeks to dig their thumbs out of their asses...

QuoteOf course now war has to have a PR campaign to it where you could just conquer and take what you want. I blame journalists for that.
I blame the governments involved. Ultimately, they, and not the media, tend to drive the propaganda machine by leaking information, appealing to sympathetic or biased journalists and the like
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Ultima22689"

Have you ever considered it might just be the age we're in? It's not the 20th century anymore, you can't just wage war and not expect everyone to hear about it. We have the internet which makes any news available almost instantly if it was so much as glanced upon with a guy having a camera in his phone. You can't hide war, that's why Wikileaks is releasing classified documents all the time, in the 20th century when something became classified, it stayed classified, now that only means until some brilliant hacker gets his hands on it or some guy like that information analyst leaks it. It's only a matter of time. Anytime a superpower like America wants to do something the world will be watching. I don't think waging war is the best of ideas right now unless it's absolutely necessary to end tyranny like the moment North Korea gets too aggressive it would be time to bring the pain. Remember the whole Israel fiasco when that aid from Turkey was coming in? For awhile the entire world was breathing down Israel's neck and that's because it you can't really hide information anymore, you can only postpone it.

Meh, I'm just saying that'd solve the insurgency issue. When your query goes to ground, leave no ground for it to go. Drop enough bombs on a city to be an example, the others will surrender insurgents more readily. I honestly don't think the military should be used to perform humanitarian missions. Militaries are for killing, not healing.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

KebertX

Quote from: "Big Mac"Now you're trolling me. We both know only democrats do those things. Tax and spend.

No functioning government can work without taxing people. And once they collect the revenue from taxes, what are they supposed to do, keep it? Government spending is important for the economy, it makes up about a quarter of our GDP, reduces unemployment (in the long run) and provides valuable services to the American People.

The only service that conservatives want to give us is the privilege of not having the government do ANYTHING for them, or the economy. They have somehow equated this with freedom. In reality, it would be a disaster.

By the way, congratulations on getting banned! I'm truly proud of you lol . So now I suppose I just said this for the hell of it, but that really bugged the hell out of me.
"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

KebertX

Quote from: "Ultima22689"
Quote from: "Big Mac"Georgia had it coming, that's the Slavs problem, not ours. Israel needs to just go, and Bush isn't exactly what I'd call human when it comes to his mental state.

Meh, I'm just saying that'd solve the insurgency issue. When your query goes to ground, leave no ground for it to go. Drop enough bombs on a city to be an example, the others will surrender insurgents more readily. I honestly don't think the military should be used to perform humanitarian missions. Militaries are for killing, not healing.

Also, that. THAT right there ^ . THAT was awful.  Im just going to laugh at your over patriotic, immoral, capitalist, conservative, violent, xenophobic, bullshitty, awfulness for a few minutes.

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Once again, congrats on getting banned!
"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

Ultima22689

Whitney

Quote from: "Ultima22689"Out of curiosity, why did he get banned?

Trolling (likely while drunk) after being asked not to for what had to be the 1000th time.

Ultima22689

Ah, I see. Can't say i'm sad to see him go. I had almost sent a PM the other day to a mod to see if something could be done about the trolling as it was getting old.

i_am_i

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "i_am_i"The building was leased to the Burlington Coat Factory.
Since the day it was built, right?

Your point being...?
Call me J

Sapere aude

PoopShoot

Quote from: "i_am_i"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "i_am_i"The building was leased to the Burlington Coat Factory.
Since the day it was built, right?

Your point being...?
Once upon a time there was a mosque in there (So I've been told, Google has anything before the Burlington coat factory buried and I don't feel like digging)and people didn't make a big stink about it then.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Draconicstarz88

Quote from: "pinkocommie"That's very disappointing.   :shake:

AGREE
"Life is meaningless if your on the road to death working like a dog to pursue happiness, so thats why everyone needs to spend life to the max"

COME TO THE PUB!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5748