News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

One more post on the Flat Earthers

Started by Martin TK, July 11, 2010, 11:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Quote from: "TheJackel"Never ask these people to fly in a plane, or to take the time to send their own cellphones into the atmosphere via balloon to take pictures.. They would all commit mass suicide with Niki shoes on while worshiping the flatworm as some magical 2D God fairy. And surely never ask these people to fly around the planet to come back to the same point in which they had began at..

And aren't these people religious for the most part?

See above for the explanation as to why the earth 'seems' to be round...

Yes, they are mostly all religious and many fall into the creationist camp although a lot of them seem to vocally distance themselves with ID one second, then paraphrase the bible the next. Many seem to have had schooling in real science, though, and they struggle to reconcile their real knowledge with what they've been force-fed as children. It manifests itself as some quite considerable feats of mental and scientific gymnastics - with a straight face, unfortunately.

They are a super confused bunch. If it wasn't the flat earth theory that they'd latched onto then it would be something equally bizarre. I guess that is what happens to people who've been so studiously lied to their whole lives. It is a constant battle against what their senses tell them to be real and the drivel they've had drummed into them.

Kind of sad really.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Martin TK"Noone is quite sure what is on the underside of the earth, probably iron.
I do, me and a big bunch of orangutangs just like me.
It's quite nice really.  
We always need to keep hold of something though, or else fall into the void.
Ook Ook

Martin TK

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "Martin TK"Noone is quite sure what is on the underside of the earth, probably iron.
I do, me and a big bunch of orangutangs just like me.
It's quite nice really.  
We always need to keep hold of something though, or else fall into the void.
Ook Ook

Any room for me?  sounds like a good time had by all... LOL
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

Tanker

Nope it's turtles all the way down.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Martin TK"Any room for me?  sounds like a good time had by all... LOL
No worries, plenty of room down here.

Thumpalumpacus

It follows that FEs assert that the lunar landings are a conspiracy.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

karadan

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"It follows that FEs assert that the lunar landings are a conspiracy.

Of course. The moon is the shape of a dinner plate, don't you know?
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Thumpalumpacus

Actually, I thought that was the microscope's eyepiece?
Illegitimi non carborundum.

karadan

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Actually, I thought that was the microscope's eyepiece?

Haha. Nice.  :D

TheJackel

Well here's the biggest clue as to why they are so delusional :).. Oh, how it's so easy to spot a sham Wink Yeah, and they think they are actually clever! LMAO

And the worst part is. They went from 196 million sq miles RE, to roughly 486 million sq miles!.. Shit, those plane rides to Australia must be incredibly long with mid air refueling and all! :yay: !

parrotpirate

It just truly amazes me that in the 21st century, such a band of dribbling fucktards could actually exist.
The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!

Tank

Quote from: "parrotpirate"It just truly amazes me that in the 21st century, such a band of dribbling fucktards could actually exist.
It's known as 'Care in the Community'. Fortunately they are rare and I would have thought harmless in an eccentrically cute sort of way.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

George

Hahaha!
Didn't believe these people actually existed until I just followed the link to their forum. Incredible! What complete gonads!
"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities" -- Voltaire (1694-1778)