News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

So...whattarya doin' with YOUR Friday Night?

Started by The Black Jester, July 10, 2010, 12:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Black Jester

Any plans?  Dancing?  Drinking?  Staring at your computer screen, locked on this site, in hopes of the start of a flame war?  Covering yourself with jam?  What????
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

pinkocommie

Covering myself with jam, how did you know?

The fiancé and I are going to pack up some water and Gatorade and snackums in a cooler and venture out to the bookstore and then the park for a chillaxing evening.  What are you up to?
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

KDbeads

Prepping for my spot at the farmer's market thing tomorrow.  Taking the chicks and my jewelry and hoping to make a few sales.  Everything is almost ready.....

Now..... for those price signs......
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

The Black Jester

Quote from: "pinkocommie"What are you up to?

Well, I was going to do the jam thing, but I just feel like, you know, that's EVERY Friday night, so maybe I'll just read a book.  

Actually, my wife and I are probably going to do the reading thing.  We just finished watching a movie - Coraline - and now it's pizza and books.  We used to just turn on the tube and go straight for rots-ville, but we made vow to give it up (mostly, barring the odd Netflix) for the summer.  It's made for a more uplifting summer thus far.

But then again, PS3 might win out.

And I must apologize to all our European friends (and others in even more distant timezones) who obviously have finished their Friday night.  A shout out to them!  What did YOU DO with yours?!  Obviously you don't need to get out of bed right now and tell me, you can do it in the morning.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

freeservant

I will be preparing for the Sabbath day that comes at sundown.

a joyous time to rest...
Theism is neither true or false. It is simply that a person lacks a belief in naturalism.  Unbeatable Tautology!!! amiright?

Atlantis

Trying to de-stress my brain from work. Picking out a good comedy or something. Relax. Get some comfort food. Maybe write a little. And just do stuff for myself.
"For even if the whole world believed in resurrection, little would change until we began to practice it. We can believe in CPR, but people will remain dead until someone breathes new life into them. And we can tell the world that there is life after death, but the world really seems to be wondering if there is life before death."
Shane Claibor

Asmodean

Currently, I work seven days a week, so I use my friday night to wallow in misery, more or less :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Black Jester

Quote from: "Asmodean"Currently, I work seven days a week, so I use my friday night to wallow in misery, more or less :P

Ooooh, ouch, that sounds awful.  You have my sympathies.
The Black Jester

Whitney

I'm writing (well, editing a go by set) the volunteer staff manual for camp quest texas and occasionally poking my head in to see what's going on the forum.  Later I think we're going to marathon watch old episodes of Angel via netflics.  

This weekend was originally supposed to be a beach trip (3rd year anniversary) which which got canceled on account of the weather forecast for the gulf (didn't want to pay for a hotel at the beach just to get rained on) and then it was going to be a camping trip which got canceled on account of it is storming everywhere we were thinking of camping!

Squid

I'm working on writing some guitar parts for a song, waiting for the wife to get off work and maybe working a bit on a chapter for my book I may finish before I hit middle age.

Sophus

Quote from: "Squid"I'm working on writing some guitar parts for a song, waiting for the wife to get off work and maybe working a bit on a chapter for my book I may finish before I hit middle age.
:D

Yeah, I'm a guitar nerd... I own five.  :eek:  My Fender tobacco sunburst Fat Strat is my favorite. Haven't touched the twelve-string acoustic in a while. I've written a few songs but I have no idea what genre they could possibly be classified as.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Kris10

My Friday night is watching TV and working on my summer classes so I can finish them before I head out to Texas to visit some family in a couple weeks. :D

The Black Jester

Quote from: "Squid"...and maybe working a bit on a chapter for my book I may finish before I hit middle age.

And I'm interested in your book.  What is it about?  And no, don't wait until middle-age, it just gets harder after you cross that line.
The Black Jester

KDbeads

Potato chips, sour cream and vinegar dip and a diet Dr. Pepper (for me), a regular real sugar Dr. Pepper for him and surfing the net side by side.........

Gee we're boring aren't we?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Sophus

Quote from: "The Black Jester"And I'm interested in your book.  What is it about?  And no, don't wait until middle-age, it just gets harder after you cross that line.
Hee hee... I know this answer but I'll let Squid answer. He's going to be the next Richard Dawkins.

Oh, I forgot to say what I'm doing tonight. Um ... I thought I was going to see Inception but apparently that comes out next Friday. :facepalm2:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver